07-14-2014

From TFCWiki - The Final Challenge MUD's Player Information Resource
Jump to: navigation, search

Enjoy It While It Lasts – Log by Samiyah

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), '*smile* Hello, Nicholai'.

Nicholai tells Samiyah (in elven), 'Hey there'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), 'how are you today?'.

Nicholai tells Samiyah (in elven), 'insulting large mages at the moment'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), 'telling them bad things about their mothers?'.
He can't hear you.

Venom is gathering info on you.
Venom is gathering info on you.
Venom is gathering info on you.

You tell Venom (in common), 'what do you want to know, Al-Shaitan?'.

Venom tells you (in common), 'Anything I can find out.'.

Venom arrives from above.
Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on you.
Venom leaves up.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), '*quietly* Venom can see my invis. I'm really not very happy about that.'.

Nicholai tells Samiyah (in elven), 'with enough mana most can "See" it, but it cripples them'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), 'It cripples clerics, but most mages have plenty of mana.'.

Venom arrives from above.

Samiyah looks at Venom resolutely and without retreat.

Venom grins evilly, his elongated fangs glistening.

You are no longer invisible!
c 'improved invis'
Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
You fade out of existence.

Venom looks at you.
Venom says (in common), 'Courage alone will not be sufficient to survive me.'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'If I recall correctly, the last time we fought, it was you, that fled.'.

Venom says (in common), 'Enjoy it while it lasts, soon I will be your size.'.

Venom utters the words, 'safhar'.
The air shimmers as Venom creates a portal here.


Is that a Challenge? – Log by Nicholai

### DarkClaw is visible to all mortals.

You ftell, 'INFO: DarkClaw is visible to all mortals.'.

Venom ftells, 'INFO: DarkClaw is visible to all mortals.'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Hello'.

Venom ftells, 'Greetings'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'hlo'.

You ftell, 'Hey there'.

> 5 players.
Hum [ Lesser Goddess ] DarkClaw k'Treva: Lost Chylde of Ybarra. *AOB*
Gno [ Sh:30 ] Tirpitz is Darkclaws little LOST Gnosh
Hum [ Bard: 30 30 30 ] Samiyah, bound by blood and oath.
Hel [ Wa:20 Ma:29 Th:20 ] Venom, Progeny of the Ancient Vampyres. *Lost*
Elf [ Ma:30 Wa:30 Th:30 ] Nicholai- Lost Ancient Kindred Shadow

You ftell, 'another fine Lost afternoon'.
You ftell, 'or morning, as the case may be'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Mana is full.'.

You ftell, 'is that a challenge?'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*grin* Perhaps.'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Just so long as I don't think I've lost your bag again. *shudder*'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Do a whois DarkClaw'.

Venom ftells, 'wow'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Got my activity rankings back.'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'still not greater though'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'I know, and I don't understand how the Hunt are right now.'.
Venom ftells, 'Maybe the review will change that next trip'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Review?'.

Venom ftells, 'It has more to do with the activity of your followers I think'.
Venom ftells, 'Yeah Toku changes that manually'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'Yes, but we've had like 20 followers in a 3-day period on'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Ahh, didn't know it was done manually. Wow.'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'It's not really a HUGE deal. 50 more mana.'.
DarkClaw ftells, '2 1/2 spells.'.

Venom ftells, 'that is a huge deal'.
Venom ftells, 'Not like PK still happens but if it ever did....'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*nod*'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'You'll be interested to know...that Celeste spoke with me the other evening.'.

Venom ftells, 'Excellent'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'She is torn.'.

Venom ftells, 'How so'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'She has always been good. We're evil. But she yearns to destroy the Hunt and cannot do it alone.'.

Venom ftells, 'right'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'So she is thinking it over, but she is indeed lost without her former God.'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'I'm hoping she decides in our favor, but I put no pressure on anyone.'.

You ftell, 'Sagan on'.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'kk'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'It giVes Tirp someone to haunt. *smirk*'.

Venom ftells, 'tirp there is a ghost on the shipwreck'.
Venom ftells, 'below deck'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'big?'.

Venom ftells, 'na'.
Tirpitz ftells, 'need it on someone?'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'Sagan, if you wanna annoy him.'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'id never annoy someone just of spite?'.

Venom ftells, 'INFO: Sagan says (in common),'Not bad, just checking in. You?.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Surely not!'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'You're doing it to keep him on his toes.  ;-)'.’


Transitions and Violations - Log Snippets by DarkClaw

Venom tells you (in common), 'my mark faded....'.

You tell Venom, 'Which mark is that?'.
You tell Venom, 'Did I miss part of what you said?'.

Venom tells you (in common), 'No that was a mistell'.

You tell Venom, 'Ahh, I was wondering, since you rarely speak to me now.'.

Venom prays, 'I barely speak to anyone....'.

You tell Venom, '*faces you, eyes narrowing for a moment* So it's NOT personal.'.

Venom prays, 'No, I'm just in transition.'.

You tell Venom, 'Transition to and from what?'.

Venom prays, 'I'm not sure yet.'.

You tell Venom, 'We rid you of the Lich.'.

Venom prays, 'I am aware of what has happened.'.

You tell Venom, 'Sometimes I question that.'.

Nicholai prays, 'sanct'.

You ftell, '*gasp* Mana abuse!'.

Nicholai ftells, 'do you feel violated?'.

You ftell, 'Not violated enough.  ;-)'.

Nicholai ftells, 'only 43k tnl'.

You ftell, 'You can do it!'.
You ftell, 'Will you be a Demigod then?  ;-)'.

Nicholai ftells, 'only if I can OM someone'.

The Spite of the Fallen – Log by Samiyah

(Sami travels to N'Kai, where she kills the Formless Spawn that has a Lyrical.)

By the Temple Altar
[Exits: south]

You hold the Efficacious Lyrical in your hands.
You study the Efficacious Lyrical to glean its secrets...
The lines of power be reinforced and strengthened.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), 'when it is convenient for you, may I have your wizard mark, Nicholai?'.

Nicholai tells Samiyah (in elven), 'where can I find you?'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), 'MG temple'.

(a few seconds later, and without warning...)

Nicholai says (in elven), 'this is quite a wretched town to hang around'.

Nicholai makes a complicated-looking gesture.

Your wizard mark fades.

Samiyah nods.

Nicholai says (in elven), 'you are marked already'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'Venom's just faded.'.

Nicholai makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Nicholai draws a funny looking rune on you.

Samiyah says (in common), 'just after you tried.'.

Nicholai nods.

Samiyah says (in common), 'My thanks.'.

Samiyah smiles in relief.

> l nicholai

Samiyah says (in common), 'there was a lyrical out'.

Nicholai says (in elven), 'where?'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'so it was worth the risk to go and destroy it.'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'I took care of it'.

Nicholai nods.

Samiyah says (in common), 'so perhaps another will appear'.

Nicholai says (in elven), 'I will keep watch for one'.

Nicholai blinks.

Samiyah says (in common), 'one moment'.

Nicholai nods.
Nicholai sleeps.

Samiyah looks over with a blush. "I am sorry I didn't have the spell prepared for you properly, Nicholai. I won't let that happen again."

Nicholai wakes and stands up.

Nicholai blinks.
Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Nicholai fades out of existence.
Ok.

Someone thanks you heartily.

Someone drops the puce crystal sphere.

Samiyah says (in common), 'not a nice treat?'.

Samiyah asks the vampire to become visible.

Nicholai appears out of nowhere.

> c 'cure deafness' Nicholai
Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Ok.

Samiyah smiles happily.
Samiyah says (in common), 'no longer deaf?'.

Nicholai wakes and stands up.
Nicholai thanks you heartily.

Samiyah smiles happily.
Samiyah nods.
Samiyah says (in common), 'of course'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'I like to help.'.

Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
You lost your concentration.
You have gotten better at improved invis.

Nicholai says (in elven), 'I think that spell is a last resort for them'.
Nicholai says (in elven), 'just to be spiteful'.

Samiyah nods.
Samiyah says (in common), 'their last gasp?'.

Nicholai says (in elven), 'perhaps, or more like a yell, it does hurt my ears'.

You stop using a Major Amulet of True Seeing.

Samiyah says (in common), 'may I have a detect invis?'.

Someone utters the words, 'oculoinfra uizug'.
Your eyes tingle.

By the Temple Altar
[Exits: south]
You are by the temple altar in the northern end of the Temple of Midgaard.
A huge altar made from white polished marble is standing in front of you and
behind it are statues of the Implementors.
The puce crystal sphere lies here.
(Invis) Nicholai is here.

Samiyah nods.

> nod Nicholai
They aren't here.

By the Temple Altar
[Exits: south]
You are by the temple altar in the northern end of the Temple of Midgaard.
A huge altar made from white polished marble is standing in front of you and
behind it are statues of the Implementors.
The puce crystal sphere lies here.

Nicholai says (in elven), '250 pump'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'well, you were here..'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'there you are'.

You wear a Major Amulet of True Seeing around your neck.

Nicholai sleeps.

Samiyah watches the vampire as he sleeps, a small smile playing over her lips as she remembers her last dream.

Nicholai wakes and stands up.
Nicholai says (in elven), 'off to bother another one'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'do you want company?'.
(no answer)

Disappearing Mages – Log Snippet by Samiyah

You wake up.

Someone utters the words, 'ghcandusiohp'.
Someone utters the words, 'ghaiz gtui'.

Samiyah startles as you cast, having been unaware of your presence.

Samiyah says (in common), 'Hello, Misty One.'.

Someone says (in elven), 'hello'.
Someone says (in elven), 'off to another mage'.

Someone utters the words, 'safhar'.
The air shimmers as someone creates a portal here.

Samiyah says (in common), 'I worry, sometimes, as to whether or not me helping you stay invisible will make you disappear entirely'.

The Unwelcome Visitor – Log by Samiyah & Nicholai (merged logs)

Upper Western Avenue
[Exits: north east south]

> e
It is unusually dark...

You rest.

DarkClaw utters the words, 'gaiqhjabral'.

Someone utters the words, 'safhar'.
The air shimmers as someone creates a portal here.

You hear a distinct pop as someone's portal closes up.

Samiyah sits very quietly beneath the sheltering branches of the tree.

Something dries up.

Someone utters the words, 'qcandusahz gsfuio'.
Something flows from the ground.
Someone drinks water from something.
Someone drinks water from something.

The room grows light again!

Temple of the Lost
[Exits: south west]
(Token magic) A magical spring flows from the ground here.
A large eye hovers in mid-air here, emitting a soft, purple glow.

Venom arrives from the west.

Venom growls.
Venom says (in common), 'You can leave now.'.

Samiyah shakes her head slightly.

Venom ftells, 'Nicholai please tell your puppet to get out of my temple'.

Nicholai ftells, 'I didn't realize she had wandered up there'.

Venom ftells, 'I can't sleep with her here.'.

Nicholai tells Samiyah (in elven), 'meet me at Wendell please'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), 'of course, Eldest.'.

You stand up.

Nicholai ftells, 'done'.

>west

Who Needs What? – Log by Nicholai

Nicholai ftells, 'I wish thieves could mark items with personalized alias names'.
Nicholai ftells, 'I have too many of the same name spheres'.

Venom ftells, 'I need spheres if you have extra'.

Nicholai ftells, 'what kinds are you looking for?'.
Nicholai ftells, 'I have various'.

Venom ftells, 'PK related'.

Venom ftells, 'summon'.
Venom ftells, 'sleep'.
Venom ftells, 'anything that can etch'.

Nicholai ftells, 'I have a couple lvl 16 summons'.
Nicholai ftells, 'high level energy drain'.
Nicholai ftells, 'hurricane'.

Venom ftells, 'nothing low level thanks, I just burn them up to practice sphere use'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'anyone need icecream'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'I would love some.'.

Nicholai ftells, 'no thanks on the icecream, it will just melt here'.

Venom ftells, 'no thanks'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'prostate exam?'.

Venom ftells, 'YES'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*smirk*'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'I’ll just find my magic finger'.

Venom ftells, 'Don't bother with the lube'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'the one i use to cast spells with'.


Charmed – Log by Samiyah & Nicholai

The Office of the TFC Housing Authority
[Exits: west]
(Dark Purple Aura) Nicholai is here.
(White Aura) Wendell waits patiently while you decide where to live.

Samiyah smiles happily.

Nicholai smiles at Samiyah.

Nicholai says (in elven), 'I wish I could rename spheres'.
Nicholai says (in elven), 'I have too many of the same name'.

Samiyah nods.

Your wizard mark fades.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Nich?'.

Nicholai ftells, 'yes?'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'your mark faded.'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'May I have another?'.

Nicholai ftells, 'INFO: [Samiyah says (in common), 'May I have another?']'.

Nicholai makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Nicholai draws a funny looking rune on you.

Samiyah smiles happily.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Could you enchant and ID the star for me, please?'.

Nicholai ftells, 'ok'.

DarkClaw gives a spider-shaped mourning star to Nicholai.

Nicholai ftells, 'I had not enchanted in case someone was going for a 6/7'.

Nicholai utters the words, 'unsoqpaih xzasai'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'uwsfazze uoculoihuyl'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Ethran needs it.'.

> DarkClaw accepts the sacrifice you carry.
DarkClaw gives you a gold coin for your sacrifice.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Ahh. Don't think we can do that again for quite some time.'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'Thank you.'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'She might be...expecting your charm again.'.

Nicholai ftells, 'are you suggesting it ever fades?'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*quirks a brow* Depends on what type of charm you used.'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'my unfetter can even take your charm away'.

Samiyah shifts restlessly, but forces herself to still.

Nicholai ftells, 'anyone need heal potions?'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'I’m naturally sturdy and don’t need such magic'.

Nicholai ftells, 'hehe'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Tirp holds himself together with duct tape.'.

Nicholai ftells, 'DC, do you have an empty saddlebag I could put spare heals in for you to hold?'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'I do.'.

Venom ftells, 'You have that many heals?'.

Nicholai ftells, 'I'm overflowing at the moment and will lose track of where I am stashing them'.

Samiyah pauses and thinks a moment.

Samiyah asks quietly, 'May I have permission to go do other things, Nicholai? Or do you need me here?'

Samiyah winks suggestively.

Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Samiyah draws a wizard mark rune on Nicholai.

Tirpitz ftells, 'if anyone need tempest i know where it is'.
Tirpitz ftells, 'heh'.

DarkClaw gives Nicholai a saddlebag.

(Nicholai sorts through bags and potions for a time)

DarkClaw ftells, '*raises a brow at the Eldest* Perhaps your charm HASN'T faded yet.'.

Nicholai ftells, 'and I primarily use the heal staff when needed'.

Venom ftells, 'yeah'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'The dragon turtle's blast of gas MUTILATES the Tempest.'.

Nicholai ftells, 'keeping track of the tempest is a good idea'.
Nicholai ftells, 'hehe, let them fight it out'.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'I am going to start hoarding shit too after I finish fixing my character and leveling'.

Samiyah waits quietly.

Nicholai ftells, 'I have 10 cloak vials, I should start using them'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'I have a bag with 18 very special items in it. *grin*'.

Nicholai ftells, 'yes.. yes you do'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'i have a bag with 4 items in it'.

Nicholai ftells, 'you need more items!'.

Tirpitz ftells, 'was planning on 5 items but i don’t wanna brag'.

Nicholai says (in elven), 'you may go'.

Nicholai smiles at Samiyah.

Samiyah smiles at Nicholai.

Nicholai blinks.

Samiyah smiles and nods.
Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Nicholai fades out of existence.
Ok.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), 'Your progeny is pesky.'.

Nicholai tells Samiyah (in elven), 'he just gets riled up'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), 'I take it he did not like me accepting the Sayyida's hospitality in the temple?'.

(no reply)

Looking, Not Doing – Log by Sami & Nicholai

A Wide Corridor of Red Marble
[Exits: east west]

You sleep.

You feel stronger.
You are surrounded by a force shield.

You wake and stand up.

Nicholai sleeps.

You bow deeply.
Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Samiyah draws a wizard mark rune on Nicholai.

Samiyah sits and watches Nicholai as he sleeps, her fingers tracing his sigil on her shoulder.

Samiyah allows her gaze to wander unrestricted over the sleeping Kindred's form. She murmurs, 'There is nothing wrong with thinking. Only doing.'

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'INFO: [Somewhere, Samiyah allows her gaze to wander unrestricted over the sleeping Kindred's form. She murmurs, 'There is nothing wrong with thinking. Only doing'.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'I hope she's looking at YOU!'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*sighs and rolls her eyes at the caught info*'.

Nicholai ftells, 'heheh'.

> e
Intersecting Corridors of Red Marble
[Exits: north east south west]

(Sami goes and kills more guards)

DarkClaw ftells, '*curls her lips, nostrils flaring at the scent of arousal mixed with cedar*'.

Nicholai ftells, 'arousal and cedar?'.
Nicholai ftells, 'like...with something wooden?'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Hard to tell with her.'. (Editor’s Note: Meaning Kintsukuroi)

A Wide Corridor of Red Marble
[Exits: east west]
(Dark Purple Aura) Nicholai is sleeping here.

Samiyah curls up near the sleeping Kindred, pillowing her head on her arm, watching him as she drifts off to sleep.

You sleep.
You wake and stand up.

Samiyah wakes, and smiles at the Kindred's continued presence.

Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Nicholai fades out of existence.
Ok.

A Wide Corridor of Red Marble
[Exits: east west]
No guards stand watch here, the crimson marble passageway silent and
calm. A pair of benches face one another to the north and south, the
respite they offer a welcome one. This seems to be the perfect place
to pause and reflect upon the lessons of the old gods.
The sky is rainy and a cold northern gust blows.

You sleep.
You wake and stand up.

Someone blinks.

Samiyah says (in common), 'You're invisible.'.

Nicholai appears out of nowhere.
Nicholai grins evilly.

Nicholai blinks.

Samiyah smiles and nods.

Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Nicholai fades out of existence.
Ok.

Someone thanks you heartily.

Samiyah says (in common), '..and if you need me, wake me'.

You tell someone (in common), 'your mark faded'.

Sanitarium tells you (in minotaur), 'MOO'.

You tell Sanitarium (in common), 'hey there!'.
You tell Sanitarium (in common), 'how are you?'.

(More dead guards)

A Wide Corridor of Red Marble
[Exits: east west]

Sanitarium tells you (in minotaur), 'good and yourself?'.

You rest.

Someone draws a funny looking rune on you.

You tell Sanitarium (in common), 'not bad. just trying to get lyricals to pop.'.

You bow deeply.
Samiyah curls up on one of the benches and sleeps.

You sleep.


Coffins Invaded and Word of a Blood Doll – Log by Nicholai

### [Somewhere, Samiyah wakes, and smiles at the Kindred's continued presence. ]

Nicholai ftells, 'this is what I get for sleeping afk and doing actual work'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*chuckle*'.
DarkClaw ftells, '(The arousal was Kintsukuroi's...from when she was *cough* in Venom's coffin.)'.

Venom ftells, '(wtf ! )'.

Nicholai ftells, 'hehehehe'.

DarkClaw ftells, '(You were sent an email.)'.

Venom ftells, '(Yeah wait till I get into my coffin and smell that!)'.

DarkClaw ftells, '(I know. *grin*'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*chuckle*'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'Oh...for you both...we have a new Blood-doll.'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'Should you choose to use her.'.
DarkClaw ftells, 'Though I'm sure you appreciate the hunt moreso.'.

Venom ftells, 'blood doll?'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Yes...a woman by the name of Kintsukuroi.'.

Venom ftells, 'Why would I drink of that?'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Elven woman.'.

Venom ftells, 'She's dirty.'.
Venom ftells, 'No thank you.'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*shrugs casually* Why would you drink from anyone?'.

Venom ftells, 'I am looking for something else.'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'You would drink from anything were you desperate enough.'.

Venom ftells, 'Perhaps, but I'm not :)'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*grin* And just what are you looking for?'.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'Something a little more reluctant...'.


A Torment of Faith and Flesh – Log by Sami & Nicholai

(Nicholai falls in battle to the Lighthouse Keeper)

DarkClaw ftells, 'Do you want to get your charmee to make a bag of this, Nich?'.

Nicholai ftells, 'who would bag it?'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*shrug* I have bags of you.'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'But then she would have to touch your corpse.'.
DarkClaw ftells, '*grin*'.
DarkClaw ftells, '...I think I shall ask her.'.

A Wide Corridor of Red Marble
[Exits: east west]

You sleep.

DarkClaw tells Samiyah, 'Sami?'.

You wake and stand up.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), 'yes, Sayyida?'.
Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), '*rubs the sleep from her eyes*'.

DarkClaw tells Samiyah, '...Would you care for a bag made from Nicholai's corpse?'.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), '*gasps, her eyes big* Such thing is...'.

DarkClaw tells Samiyah, '(*grin* DC couldn't resist.)'.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), '(EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL)'.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), '... does HE wish me to have it?'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Samiyah tells you (in common), '... does HE wish me to have it?'.'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), '*anxiously* The Sayyida said a thing just now... did you Fall? Are you okay? Do you need help?'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Should I tell her yes or no? *chuckle*'.

Nicholai tells Samiyah (in elven), 'I was rudely interrupted of my killing of a thing by the thing I was killing'.

Nicholai tells Samiyah (in elven), 'but I am ok now'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), '..I am sorry you were hurt.'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), '..*troubled* .. Your Sayyida just offered me a bag of .. of your form... was that at your suggestion and wish?'.

DarkClaw tells Samiyah, 'He has not said. I merely asked, thinking it might help for those times you feel alone.'.

Nicholai tells Samiyah (in elven), 'It was not my suggestion, but if you wanted it you may have it'.

Samiyah tells Nicholai (in common), 'It is not a thing that we of the desert do, of our own wish. If you wished me to endure that torment, I would.'.

Nicholai ftells, 'getting her all flustered'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*grin* Mmmhmm'.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), '*tries and fails to summon some sort of composure* .. it is .. it would not... No. No thank you, Sayyida.'.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), '*softly* it would be a torment. Of faith and of .. of.. flesh.'.

DarkClaw tells Samiyah, '*shrugs calmly and nods* Very well. *devours the corpse*'.


Risk – Log by Samiyah

Venom ftells, 'INFO: [Portobello says (in common), 'everyone is killable... it isn't hard :) i'm sure i'll die']'.

DarkClaw ftells, '21 Lost in the past 3 days.'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*nod* He is.'.

Venom gossips (in halfling), 'I doubt it porto'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'And knows the realm quite well.'.

Portobello gossips (in common), 'i will'.

Nicholai ftells, 'Porto needs to mage mob'.

Venom gossips (in common), 'You don't take the risks that would ever lead to a death'.

Nicholai ftells, 'and get caught doing it'.

Venom gossips (in common), 'If anyone were capable of killing you, you'd be careful around them'.

Portobello gossips (in common), 'i don't make dumb decisions, but i take plenty of risks'.

Venom gossips (in common), 'Time will tell as always'.

Portobello gossips (in common), 'yep :P'.

Rest – Log by Samiyah & DarkClaw

Temple of the Lost
[Exits: south west]
A large eye hovers in mid-air here, emitting a soft, purple glow.
(Intense Dark Purple Aura) DarkClaw is here.

You bow deeply.
Samiyah says (in common), 'Hello, Sayyida'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'May I rest here a few moments?'.

DarkClaw smiles at you.
DarkClaw says, 'Hello, Sami. Of course.'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'thank you.'.

DarkClaw nods in recognition to you.

Samiyah walks over to the tree, easily swinging up onto one of the branches.

DarkClaw says, 'Though I cannot promise that HE won't arrive.'.

Samiyah curls up in the crook of the tree.
Samiyah says (in common), '.. he doesn't scare me.'.
Samiyah murmurs, 'much.'

You rest.

DarkClaw says, 'Are you well?'.

Samiyah pauses and thinks a moment.

Samiyah says (in common), 'I am still weakened from my death..'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'but .. I cannot stay too focused on that.'.

Samiyah fidgets a little. 'I am still ...' She glances down at her wrist.

DarkClaw nods in understanding. "Have you seen Ghazkull again?"

Samiyah shakes her head mutely.

DarkClaw sighs loudly.

Venom arrives from the west.
Venom raises an eyebrow.

Samiyah says (in common), 'I hope he wakes soon.'.

Venom says (in common), 'Why is she in here?'.

Samiyah glances briefly at Venom, then closes her eyes and takes a long, slow breath.

DarkClaw raises an eyebrow at Venom.
DarkClaw says, 'She is visiting.'.

Venom says (in common), 'She is not welcome.'.

DarkClaw says, 'Perhaps not by you.'.

Venom says (in common), 'Well either she leaves, or I do.'.

You stand up.
Samiyah hops down from the tree branch, landing softly.

DarkClaw growls in irritation.

You bow before her.

Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Opening a portal to Room of Records.
Room of Records
[Exits: east]

DarkClaw tells Samiyah, 'You should not let him run you out. You had my permission.'.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), 'I chose to leave. He did not force me out.'.

DarkClaw tells Samiyah, '*sigh* He truly tries my patience at times.'.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), '*smile* He would try the patience of a statue.'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*Star's gaze bores down on you while you sleep in aggravation*'.

DarkClaw tells Samiyah, '*smirk* Indeed.'.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), 'If I wished to cause him distress, I would simply return and interact with Nicholai's coffin.'.

DarkClaw tells Samiyah, '*chuckle* That would do it. Nicholai's coffin is directly next to his as well, so the scent of you would haunt him while he slept.'.

Venom arrives from the east.

Samiyah tells DarkClaw (in common), 'But I don't wish to .. to poke that wolf with a stick, if that is the right saying.'.

Temple of the Lost
[Exits: south west]
(Token magic) A magical spring flows from the ground here.
A large eye hovers in mid-air here, emitting a soft, purple glow.
(Intense Dark Purple Aura) DarkClaw is here.

Samiyah smiles happily.
Samiyah says (in common), 'and now we visit more, and it causes no undue stress.'.

Venom arrives from the west.
Venom sleeps.

Samiyah looks at the vampire as he sleeps.

Samiyah walks over to just out of arm's reach and crouches down, examining him closely.

You see nothing special about him.
Venom could sell you the Bog and you would thank him.
Venom is in perfect health.

Venom ftells, 'INFO: [Somewhere, Samiyah walks over to just out of arm's reach and crouches down, examining him closely.]'.

Venom ftells, 'That had better not be me...'.

DarkClaw says, 'I'm not sure why he insists on sleeping upon the floor now instead of in his coffin.'.

DarkClaw frowns.
DarkClaw says, 'Kind of strange.'.

Samiyah shudders a little. 'Why is something so beautiful on the outside, so corrupt and horrible on the inside?'

DarkClaw ftells, 'If you would sleep in your coffin instead of upon the floor perhaps it wouldn't be.'.

Venom ftells, 'I will sleep where I please!'.

Venom wakes and stands up.

Samiyah breathes in slowly, shuddering as the power of the two Kindred washes over her.

Venom's nostrils flare at the scent of sand...

> vis
Ok.

Venom leaves west.

Samiyah rises from her crouch and goes back over to the tree. She catches hold of a strong branch and clambers up, resting within the tree as if in Sanguinna.

DarkClaw says, 'He cannot see you...only smell your scent.'.

Samiyah nods.
Samiyah says (in common), 'He can see me now, and he can see me when he chooses. His detection is quite strong. Though why, I don't know.'.

DarkClaw says, 'I do know that Grayzil is apparently able to see both you and Eathor as well. He mentioned it the other eve.'.

You hear a distinct pop as Venom's portal closes up.

Samiyah says (in common), 'Grayzil is 50th.. so yes, that doesn't surprise me.'.

Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on you.

Samiyah glances down at Venom from her perch in the tree.

Venom sleeps.
Venom wakes and stands up.
Venom enters his coffin and closes it behind himself.
Venom sleeps.

DarkClaw grins slightly noting Venom's actions.

Samiyah glances at the coffin, the mischievous look in her eye showing she is clearly considering sitting on the lid.

You giggle in her presence.

DarkClaw laughs at you mercilessly. Hmmmmph.
DarkClaw says, 'I know what you're thinking.'.

Samiyah grins and blushes simultaneously, caught in her devilry.

DarkClaw says, 'Tempting indeed.'.

You nod in recognition to her.
You nod in recognition to her.

Samiyah says (in common), '... But Nicholai wouldn't like it, if I did.'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'so I will respect what I know he would wish.'.

DarkClaw nods in recognition to you.

Venom wakes and stands up.

Samiyah maintains her perch in the tree, swinging her legs idly.

Venom takes the form of a small bat.
Venom utters the words, 'yrl'.
Venom now can fly.
Venom leaves west.

You blink.

Samiyah's mouth falls open in a small "O" of surprise.

DarkClaw blinks at Venom's transformation. "I hope I don't confuse him for one of mine."

Samiyah teeters on her branch, her composure - and balance - disrupted by the transformation. "... he... uh..."

Samiyah grabs for a more secure hand-hold. 'Can Nicholai do that?!?!'

DarkClaw says, 'Aye, if he chooses.'.

DarkClaw says, 'I have a much larger beastly form.'.

You blink.
You blink.

> l darkclaw
To stand in Her presence is to be rendered speechless: This is no mere mortal,
but the quintessential seductress, potent in her ripe perfection, incarnate in
her beauty. Lilith herself pales in comparison: the gleaming scarlet luster of
Her eyes, the tawdry tumble of Her long sable hair -- as if just risen from an
evening's pleasures...dangerous sensuality is a tangible aura around her, like
the corona of the full moon. Voluptuous curves to make any heart pound, grace
of a stalking leopard, this is not a woman who can be underestimated. Her prey
is delight and sacrifice and sustenance, Scions enraptured in their service to
Her. The particulars of Her ensemble are nearly irrelevant save for the loving
way that an inky velvet gown enfolds Her, falling in regal folds to the ground,
and leather caresses her, drawing in an already narrow waist. The rarest gems
and metals have been crafted into elegant jewelry that cannot compete with Her
beauty, and the delicate flutter of the wings of bats flitting about Her makes
a living, chittering frame to draw every eye. Ancient but untouched by Time, a
power to stir the dreams of the living, She is the gatekeeper of Death itself:
unliving yet utterly alive, undead yet filled with every passion of existence.

DarkClaw is bathed in the essence of charisma.
DarkClaw is in perfect health.

Samiyah looks but does not ask.

DarkClaw's gaze shifts to the mural upon the wall.

Samiyah follows the direction of DarkClaw's gaze.

> l mural
This haunting piece portrays DarkClaw standing within a shadowed room, gazing
into a floor-length mirror before her. Instead of seeing her own reflection,
a black tiger stares back at her with hungry eyes, fangs bared and stained
with blood. Is it symbolic? The quality of this work is of the finest, the
texture of the fabric smooth as silk to the touch. Oddly enough, it looks as
if it is three dimensional. Magic, perhaps?

Samiyah says (in common), '... Oh.'.

Samiyah ponders this a moment, then asks, 'Can vampires take more than one animal form?'

Samiyah says (in common), 'Somehow, a bat doesn't seem appropriate for Nicholai.'.

DarkClaw says, 'That depends upon the vampire and how powerful they are.'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'I see him far more as a cat, like that...'.

Samiyah nods, indicating the mural.

DarkClaw says, 'Some choose to only partially shift as well.'.
DarkClaw says, 'I...have never seen Nicholai shift. Only to mist.'.

Samiyah says softly, 'If the animal self reflects the inner self, then Venom should be a cobra.'

DarkClaw nods in recognition to you.

DarkClaw says, 'Gangrel shift more often than the other clans, as they are more in touch with their animalistic nature.'.

DarkClaw says, 'The one who made me was Gangrel.'.

Samiyah pauses and thinks a moment.
Samiyah nods.

Samiyah says (in common), 'so all of your bloodline are Gangrel?'.

DarkClaw says, 'Correct.'.

Samiyah pauses and thinks a moment.

Samiyah says (in common), 'what of Nicholai?'.

DarkClaw says, 'Nicholai was made by Khore.'.

You hear a distinct pop as Venom's portal closes up.

Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on you.

DarkClaw says, 'And Venom would be the same as Nicholai.'.

Venom climbs slowly, beaten and bruised, into his coffin...
Venom sleeps.

DarkClaw glances Venom's way, a flicker of concern passing over her features before she masks it.

Samiyah pauses and thinks a moment.

Samiyah hops down from the tree, her movements less graceful than usual, as if reluctant.

Samiyah walks over to Venom's coffin.

Samiyah lays her hands on its surface.

> c heal venom
Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Ok.

Samiyah steps back, and returns quickly to the tree.

Venom wakes and stands up.

Venom utters the words, 'safhar'.
The air shimmers as Venom creates a portal here.

You hear a distinct pop as Venom's portal closes up.

Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on the Eye of the Lost Ones.

Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
You draw a wizard mark rune on Venom.

Venom raises an eyebrow.

Venom says (in halfling), 'If you were wise, you would not use that....'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'It .. helps.. me a little.'.

Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.

Venom utters the words, 'gjfzzl'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'just as it helps me when you mark me.'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'or when Nicholai marks me.'.

Samiyah glances down at her trembling left hand, at the fang-scars on her wrist.

Samiyah says (in common), 'it's why I healed you when you slept'.

Venom sneers in semi-amusement at your obvious cognitive dissonance.

Samiyah says (in common), 'The stronger you are, the more..'.

Samiyah falls silent at your usual sneer.

You shrug.

Samiyah settles back on the tree branch.

Venom says (in common), 'If you insist on hosting unsavory guests, please inform them they are to look and not touch!'.

Venom crawls into his coffin.
Venom sleeps.

Samiyah says (in common), 'I didn't touch you.'.

Your wizard mark fades.
Your wizard mark fades.

Venom is in perfect health.

Samiyah hops down and bows abruptly.
Samiyah leaves west.

DarkClaw shifts from her seat upon her own coffin, silent, her eyes glued to Venom's.

Entrance to Temple Courtyard
[Exits: west up]

Samiyah makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Your magic does not seem to take hold.

Samiyah arrives from the west.

Temple of the Lost
[Exits: south west]
A large eye hovers in mid-air here, emitting a soft, purple glow.
(Dark Purple Aura) Venom is sleeping here.
(Intense Dark Purple Aura) DarkClaw is here.

Samiyah returns and silently climbs back onto the tree branch.

Venom wakes and stands up.

Venom utters the words, 'safhar'.
The air shimmers as Venom creates a portal here.

Samiyah glances at Venom's open coffin.

Samiyah glances at the handful of desert sand she holds. Then back at the coffin.

Samiyah glances over at Nicholai's coffin, and sighs. She parts her fingers, allowing the sand to trickle out of her hand and to the earthen floor instead.

DarkClaw blinks as Venom wakes and leaves, then looks up to Sami, noting the stream of drifting sand falling from her hand.

DarkClaw says, 'Sometimes...it's a struggle to not do things you wish.'.

Samiyah nods.
Samiyah says (in common), 'it is hard to not meet his unpleasantness with the same, especially when such simple little things would irk him so... but Nicholai would be disappointed.'.

DarkClaw frowns at herself. Poor baby.
DarkClaw says, 'I often find myself resorting to lowering myself to childish standards in his presence.'.

DarkClaw sighs loudly.
DarkClaw says, 'One of my place should never do so, but he unnerves me.'.

Samiyah nods.

Samiyah says (in common), '.. he is much, much stronger this time than last time.'.

You hear a distinct pop as Venom's portal closes up.

Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on you.

DarkClaw says, 'He is.'.

Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on the Eye of the Lost Ones.

Samiyah says (in common), 'and it does make the pain ease somewhat.'.

DarkClaw says, 'And getting stronger each day.'.

Venom leaves west.

Samiyah guiltily wipes the last traces of sand from her hand on her garment.

DarkClaw says, 'You will have to be more careful around him soon.'.

Samiyah says (in common), '.. we agreed, he and I, some time ago, that our conflict was done. And then he decided he needs my blood for some task.'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'the peace isn't yet broken - though he growls and snarls like a angry beast as if to provoke..'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'but I will not take any action against him. I will keep my word.'.

Venom arrives from the west.
Venom rests.

Samiyah says (in common), '.. even if I am tempted otherwise.'.

DarkClaw nods in recognition to you.

Samiyah glances at the cause of her unrest.

> l venom
You see nothing special about him.
Venom could sell you the Bog and you would thank him.
Venom is in perfect health.

Venom looks at you.
Venom looks at you.

Samiyah says wistfully, '.. I wish that you were hideous.'

Venom summons wisps of smoky tendrils from the earth below.
Venom utters the words, 'sagg eaaf'.
Venom turns translucent.
Venom leaves west.


Seeking Other Company – Log by Sami

(Sami leaves the temple of the Lost and goes to..)

The Gallery of Wisdom
[Exits: west]
(Token magic) A magical spring flows from the ground here.
(Blue Aura) A sword lays across the cover of this large golden book.
(Invis) (Translucent) (Dark Cyan Aura) Cresom is sleeping here.

You close the door.

Cresom wakes and stands up.

Cresom cuddles you.
Cresom says (in common), 'i didn't know you were here =)'.

You grin wickedly.
Samiyah smiles happily.
You hug him.

You hear a distinct pop as Venom's portal closes up.

Cresom stands up.

Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.

Cresom utters the words, 'eabratlacri'.
Darkness envelops you!

Something dries up.

Someone says (in common), 'leave'.
Someone says (in common), 'now '.

Someone utters the words, 'gurunsoqz'.
Silence envelops you!

Someone opens the door.

Someone utters the words, 'gjidies'.
The room grows light again!
The darkness goes away.

Cresom leaves west.

Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on you.

Venom leaves west.

Cresom arrives from the west.
Cresom leaves west.
Cresom arrives from the west.
Cresom leaves west.
Cresom arrives from the west.

Cresom rests.

You hug him.

Temple of the Lost
[Exits: south west]
A large eye hovers in mid-air here, emitting a soft, purple glow.
(Intense Dark Purple Aura) DarkClaw is here.

You bow deeply.

Venom arrives from the west.
Venom grumbles.
Venom leaves west.

Samiyah tells Venom (in common), '*mildly* IF you're going to be portaling to me, I thought it better that I be here, rather than there.'.

Venom tells Samiyah (in common), 'I don't particularly care what you thought...'.

Cresom tells you (in common), 'it isn't silenced in here anymore '.

You tell Cresom (in common), 'I wasn't worried about the silence. I was worried about him portaling to me again and upsetting you'.

Cresom tells you (in common), 'shrug he had no right to silence our temple '.

You hear a distinct pop as Venom's portal closes up.
Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on you.
Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on the Eye of the Lost Ones.

Venom sleeps.
Venom wakes and stands up.
Venom grumbles.

Venom climbs into his coffin and closes the lid.
Venom sleeps.

Samiyah glances over curiously at the grumble.

Samiyah chuckles softly, a slight grin curving her lips, and she settles back down on her branch, soaking in the power of the Kindred.

Venom wakes and stands up.
Venom leaves west.

DarkClaw utters the words, 'fido'.

Samiyah smiles happily.
You bow deeply.

Cresom tells you (in common), 'cuddle be back later '.

You tell Cresom (in common), 'take care, brother!'.

You hear a distinct pop as Venom's portal closes up.
Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on you.

Venom sleeps.

You stop following Cresom.

DarkClaw sighs and shakes her head.

Samiyah says (in common), 'what's wrong, Sayyida?'.

DarkClaw says, 'Him.'.
DarkClaw tilts her head toward Venom's coffin.

Venom wakes and stands up.
Venom utters the words, 'safhar'.
The air shimmers as Venom creates a portal here.

DarkClaw says, 'Instigating, not that it is unexpected.'.

Samiyah pauses and thinks a moment.

Samiyah says (in common), 'I will not ask, for you probably shouldn't say. He is Yours.'.

DarkClaw says, 'I will be in my office. His repeated entrances and exits are annoying me as well.'.

Samiyah nods.
Samiyah says (in common), 'be well, Sayyida. Do you wish me to leave while you are gone? I don't want to cause problems.'.

DarkClaw says, 'Only if he becomes...too agitated.'.

Samiyah pauses and thinks a moment.
Samiyah says (in common), 'I will go.'.

Samiyah smiles happily.

DarkClaw nods in recognition to you.

Samiyah says (in common), 'that way, it is my choice. Not his.'.

You bow deeply.

DarkClaw says, 'Good point.'.

Monitoring – Log by Samiyah

The Baths
[Exits: north]

Samiyah sits on one of the benches and pulls off her boots.
Samiyah rolls down her stockings and sets them aside.
Samiyah rises and moves to the edge of one of the pools.
Samiyah sits on the pool's edge, and lowers her feet into the warm water.

Venom arrives from the north.
Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom leaves north.
Venom arrives from the north.
Venom leaves north.
Venom arrives from the north.
Venom leaves north.

You tell Venom (in common), '.. what?'.

Venom tells you (in common), 'I'm simply monitoring you.'.

You tell Venom (in common), 'I assumed you would wish me gone after my visit with the Sayyida, and to avoid conflict, chose the more peaceful path and did leave. Go about your business. Leave me to mine.'.

Venom tells you (in common), 'I have not interfered in your business...'.

Samiyah swishes her feet through the warm water, sighing happily as the steamy heat sinks into her cold bones.

You tell Belsambar (in common), '*smiles a little* Hello, Archmage.'.

Belsambar tells you (in common), 'Greetings Songbird'.

The Lower Hall
[Exits: north up]
(Dark Cyan Aura) Belsambar is here.
Mish Leigh Salvandor will use her contacts to help you... for a price.

Samiyah says (in common), 'would you wizard mark me?'.

Daelarga arrives from above.
Daelarga sits down and thinks deeply.
Daelarga curtseys gracefully for you.
Daelarga smiles happily.

Daelarga leaves up.

You tell Daelarga (in common), 'Hello :)'.

You nudge Belsambar.

Belsambar bows before you.

Samiyah says (in common), 'would you wizard mark me?'.

Sanitarium has entered the game.
Sanitarium bows deeply.

Samiyah smiles happily.

Samiyah says (in common), 'hi sani'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'would you wiz mark me?'.

Sanitarium makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Sanitarium draws a funny looking rune on you.

Samiyah smiles happily.

Samiyah says (in common), 'thank you'.

Belsambar says (in common), 'sorry, just got texts I'd been waiting for'.

Samiyah nods.
Samiyah says (in common), 'no worries'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'I just didn't want venom marking me again.'.

Belsambar snickers softly.

Samiyah says (in common), 'would you locate for lyrical?'.

Venom tells you (in common), 'I will mark you again eventually....'.

Daelarga says (in common), 'Samiyah... I have a gift for you.'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'You do?'.

Daelarga says (in common), 'I hope so.'.

Daelarga gives you the thin scroll.

Sanitarium says (in minotaur), 'The Amnesic Lyrical in someplace mysterious.'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'that's very, very nice'.

Daelarga smiles happily.

Samiyah says (in common), 'I have this learned - '.

Belsambar says (in common), 'what's nice?'.

Daelarga says (in common), 'bigger, right?'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'mine is a level 30, yes'.

You bow deeply.

Venom arrives from above.

Samiyah says (in common), 'I thank you for this mighty gift.'.

Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on Daelarga.

Daelarga smiles happily.
Daelarga looks at Venom.

Sanitarium tells you (in minotaur), 'The Amnesic Lyrical carried by the mine guard.'.

Belsambar scratches his head.

Venom looks at Daelarga.

You nod in recognition to him.

You thank Sanitarium heartily.

Belsambar missed something when he stepped out of the room, apparently.

(Sami goes and sacs the Lyrical)

The Baths
[Exits: north]

You rest.

Venom arrives from the north.
Venom leaves north.
Venom arrives from the north.
Venom utters the words, 'gurunsoqz'.
Venom utters the words, 'gurunsoqz'.
Silence envelops you!

Venom leaves north.

The Lower Hall
[Exits: north up]
(Token magic) A magical spring flows from the ground here.
(Dark Cyan Aura) Porthas is here.
(Invis) (Dark Cyan Aura) Belsambar is here.
(Invis) Sanitarium is here.
Mish Leigh Salvandor will use her contacts to help you... for a price.

Venom arrives from above.
Venom makes a complicated-looking gesture.
Venom draws a funny looking rune on you.
Venom leaves up.

You sigh.

Porthas says (in common), 'hello Samiyah'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'hello'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'and congratulations on your Ordainment'.

Porthas says (in common), 'sorry I wasn't quite fast enough on the mark for you'.
Porthas says (in common), 'thank you'.

Porthas bows deeply.

Samiyah says (in common), 'Please call on me for aid whenever needed.'.

Porthas sighs loudly.
Porthas rests.

Porthas says (in common), 'never going to get to level now'.
Porthas chuckles, evidently amused.

Belsambar shouts, 'SHAAAAZAAAAAAM!' and runs headlong into the wall on the other side of the room.

Porthas says (in common), 'he's going to be on day and night'.

You blink.

Belsambar shakes his head.

Samiyah says (in common), '.. .archmage, are you okay>?'.

Belsambar checks the cooler door for any dents or marks, and sighs, seeing nothing.

Porthas chuckles, evidently amused.

Belsambar says (in common), 'It's too hot out, I was trying to create some AC'.

Porthas laughs.

Belsambar stares at the sky.

Belsambar utters the words, 'ghaiz gtui'.

Belsambar chips some ice off the window and tries to look inside, as if searching for something?

Belsambar says (in common), 'dang. Don't see it either. Probably buried in ice again by now'.

You smile at Belsambar.

> l bel

Samiyah coughs and glances away quickly.

> info venom
This may take a while...
Venom has a few bruises.

You tell Venom (in common), '...you are bleeding.'.

Venom tells you (in common), 'Perhaps...'.


Eat Your Dessert First – Log by Sami

The Lower Hall
[Exits: north up]
(Token magic) A magical spring flows from the ground here.
(Invis) (Dark Cyan Aura) Cresom is here.
(Invis) (Dark Cyan Aura) Porthas is here.
Mish Leigh Salvandor will use her contacts to help you... for a price.

Cresom arrives from above.

Cresom gives steak made from student to Porthas.
Cresom gives steak made from student to Porthas.
Cresom gives steak made from student to Porthas.
Cresom gives steak made from student to Porthas.
Cresom gives steak made from student to Porthas.

Porthas chuckles, evidently amused.

You scold him.

Porthas says (in common), 'thanks'.

Cresom raises an eyebrow.

Samiyah says (in common), 'not steak! Cookies!'.

You grin wickedly.

Ye Tastie Bakerie
[Exits: north south]
Trudging along carrying buckets of water, this villager heads home.
As it dashes by, this tiny little brown mouse lets out an adorable squeak.
A young lad dusted with a liberal amount of flour stands here.

You buy a still-warm chocolate chip cookie.
You buy a still-warm chocolate chip cookie.
You buy a still-warm chocolate chip cookie.
You buy a still-warm chocolate chip cookie.

You buy a still-warm chocolate chip cookie.
You buy a still-warm chocolate chip cookie.
You buy a still-warm chocolate chip cookie.
You buy a still-warm chocolate chip cookie.
You buy a still-warm chocolate chip cookie.

The Lower Hall
[Exits: north up]
(Token magic) A magical spring flows from the ground here.
(Invis) (Dark Cyan Aura) Cresom is here.
(Invis) (Dark Cyan Aura) Porthas is resting here.
Mish Leigh Salvandor will use her contacts to help you... for a price.

You give a still-warm chocolate chip cookie to Porthas.
You give a still-warm chocolate chip cookie to Porthas.
You give a still-warm chocolate chip cookie to Porthas.
You give a still-warm chocolate chip cookie to Porthas.

Porthas grins happily.

You give a still-warm chocolate chip cookie to Porthas.

Porthas has his hands full.

Porthas laughs.

Porthas puts a still-warm chocolate chip cookie in a saddlebag.

Samiyah says (in common), 'hands!'.

Porthas puts a still-warm chocolate chip cookie in a saddlebag.
Porthas puts a still-warm chocolate chip cookie in a saddlebag.
Porthas puts a still-warm chocolate chip cookie in a saddlebag.

You give a still-warm chocolate chip cookie to Porthas.

Porthas puts a still-warm chocolate chip cookie in a saddlebag.
You give a still-warm chocolate chip cookie to Porthas.
You give a still-warm chocolate chip cookie to Porthas.
You give a still-warm chocolate chip cookie to Porthas.

Porthas puts a still-warm chocolate chip cookie in a saddlebag.
Porthas puts a still-warm chocolate chip cookie in a saddlebag.

You grin wickedly.

Porthas says (in common), 'thank you'.
Porthas bows deeply.

Samiyah nods.
Fare thee well!


The Question of Fealty - log by Aphelion, add ins from DarkClaw

The Riverhold Town Hall and School
[Exits: north south]
(Invis) (Dark Purple Aura) Venom is sleeping here.
Singing under her breath, Elvalee prepares the next lesson.

Cresom tells you (in common), 'how have you been>'.

You tell Cresom (in common), 'I am well, thank you - and you?'.

Venom wakes and stands up.

Cresom tells you (in common), 'very good '.

Aphelion folds her arms across her chest and nods at you.

Venom raises an eyebrow.

Venom grins evilly, his elongated fangs glistening.

Venom says (in common), 'How are you?'.

You say (in common), 'Irritated.'.

Venom says (in common), 'And why is that?'.
Venom looks at you.

You say (in common), 'The Lady wishes you given assistance.'.

Venom says (in common), 'The Lady wishes this?'.

Aphelion removes her helm and runs one hand through her hair in frustration.

You nod.
You say (in common), '.. lead on.'.

You now follow Venom.
You join Venom's group.

Aphelion reseats her helm, cinching the chin strap.

Venom says (in common), 'I seem to recall you being released of your apprenticeship'.

You say (in common), 'I was.'.

Venom says (in common), 'By a certain Lich'.

You say (in common), 'But I am still Hers to command.'.

Venom says (in common), 'Yes, but what I am saying...'.

You raise your eyebrow.

Venom says (in common), 'Is that -I- never released you.'.

You grit your teeth and look mean.
You say (in common), 'I owe you nothing.'.

Venom says (in common), 'We shall see..'.

(They go to the Plantation and begin slaughtering mobs)
(Some Time Later...)

DarkClaw ftells, 'Hello'.

You ftell, '*bows* Lady.'.

Venom leaves south.
You follow Venom.
A Sanctified Chamber
[Exits: north]
A pool of clear blue water shimmers here.
(Dark Purple Aura) Venom is here.

Venom ftells, 'Could you make me a shroom please'.

Venom drinks water from a shimmering pool.

Aphelion folds her arms and leans against the doorframe of the chamber.
Aphelion murmurs the spell begrudgingly.

c 'create'
A Magic Mushroom suddenly appears.

c 'create'
A Magic Mushroom suddenly appears.

Venom gets a Magic Mushroom.
Venom eats a Magic Mushroom.

l venom
You see nothing special about him.
Venom could sell you the Bog and you would thank him.
Venom has a few bruises.

Venom says (in common), 'Thank you'.

You say (in common), 'You are welcome.'.

Venom says (in common), 'All that backstabbing works up a lot of sweat.'.

Aphelion wrinkles her nose slightly. 'So I see.'

Venom says (in common), 'Shall we continue?'.

You say (in common), 'as you wish.'.

(They go back to combat)

Venom ftells, 'ghost'.

The ghost of a dragon worshiper shimmers and solidifies slightly.
Your pound MUTILATES a dragon worshiper.
Your pound MUTILATES a dragon worshiper.
A dragon worshiper dodges your attack.
A dragon worshiper dodges Venom's attack.
Venom's pierce DISEMBOWELS a dragon worshiper.
Your armor deflects a dragon worshiper's attack.
Your armor deflects a dragon worshiper's attack.
You parry a dragon worshiper's attack.

Your kick mauls a dragon worshiper.

Your pound MUTILATES a dragon worshiper.
Your pound MUTILATES a dragon worshiper.
A dragon worshiper dodges your attack.
Your pound maims a dragon worshiper.
Venom's pierce DISEMBOWELS a dragon worshiper.
Your armor deflects a dragon worshiper's attack.
Your armor deflects a dragon worshiper's attack.
You deftly move out of the way of a dragon worshiper's attack.

You invoke the unholy power of DarkClaw's omnipotence!
You glow with an incandescent black light.
The ghost of a dragon worshiper has been destroyed.

A dragon worshiper dodges your attack.
A dragon worshiper dodges your attack.
A dragon worshiper's armor deflects your attack.
A dragon worshiper dodges your attack.
A dragon worshiper dodges Venom's attack.
Venom's pierce DISEMBOWELS a dragon worshiper.
You parry a dragon worshiper's attack.
Your armor deflects a dragon worshiper's attack.

You ftell, 'yes, I know, venom'.
You ftell, 'but i can only do so many things at a time.'.

Venom ftells, 'And how many is that?'.

You ftell, '*snarl* *with gritted teeth* Lady, I will obey your edit to aid the Lost, always.. But please inform this peacock that I am NOT his to command'.

Venom ftells, 'If I didn't know any better Aphelion I would say you have taken issue with me.'.

Venom leaves south.
You follow Venom.
A Sanctified Chamber
[Exits: north]
A delicious magic mushroom is here.
A pool of clear blue water shimmers here.
(Invis) (Dark Purple Aura) Venom is here.

Venom drinks water from a shimmering pool.

Venom sleeps.

DarkClaw ftells, '*with humor* Apparently your charm doesn't work with everyone, Venom.'.

You ftell, 'Any vows between us ended when you - in whatever incarnation - released me from my oath... and any embers of it died when the Lady took my life, ending my quest.'.

Venom ftells, 'Yes well let's try not to be too narrow minded shall we? I personally have done nothing to bring you any harm. In fact I have taught you a great deal and as I recall I risked my neck to rescue you'.

You ftell, 'while that might be true, it does not follow that I owe you fealty, now that our oaths are ended. No more than I owe to any member of the Lost.'.

Venom ftells, 'I'm not asking for fealty, just some gods damned courtesy would be a start. Something befitting your station at least.'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'The only one you owe fealty to is myself.'.

Venom wakes and stands up.

DarkClaw ftells, '*raises a brow at Venom* You?...Asking for courtesy?!!'.

Venom ftells, 'From someone with her background, it is due.'.

(back to fighting...)

You ftell, 'asserting my autonomy is not rudeness.'.

Venom ftells, 'Constantly behaving like a reluctant brat, is.'.

You ftell, 'you mean not fawning at your feet?'.

Venom ftells, 'No, I mean speaking through gritted teeth at every turn'.

You ftell, 'forgive me, I'm not as skilled at speaking with a forked tongue'.

Venom ftells, 'Yes well there are several things you could learn with your tongue that would serve you.'.

You ftell, 'you are not the one to teach me.'.

Venom ftells, 'No but I am certainly going to adjust your attitude.'.

Venom sacrifices the corpse of the plantation doctor to DarkClaw.
Venom sacrifices a spider-shaped mourning star to DarkClaw.

Venom leaves north.
You follow Venom.
An Onyx Cavern
[Exits: north east south west]
(Invis) (Dark Purple Aura) Venom is here.

DarkClaw ftells, '*coughs*'.

Lessoning - Log by Aphelion

Venom leaves north.
You follow Venom.
A Meditation Chamber
[Exits: south]
(Light Red Aura) A cloaked man kneels, chanting what sound like prayers.
(Light Red Aura) A cloaked man kneels, chanting what sound like prayers.

You say (in common), 'stop'.
You say (in common), 'you just sacced my weapon'.

You mutter something inaudible.

You ftell, 'Lady, he just destroyed my newly enchanted weapon'.
You ftell, 'do you have a spare?'.

Venom says (in common), 'What was the enchant?'.

You say (in common), '6/7'.

Venom says (in common), 'ugh'.
Venom says (in common), 'Why are all of these 6/7 enchants being put on weapons that aren't ND'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Aphelion...I release you from my order.'.

You say (in common), 'because not everyone has access to No Drop weapons'.

You ftell, '*bow*'.

Venom says (in common), 'Yes but those enchants could be for rings'.

You ftell, 'The sacrifice was inadvertent not deliberate'.

You say (in common), 'a ring wasn't available. I have no simple rings. I had a star, that the Eldest labored for two days to obtain'.

Venom says (in common), 'Are you leaving Lost?'.

You say (in common), 'NO'.

Venom says (in common), 'Well, let's see about a weapon then'.

You ftell, 'do you have a spare weapon, Lady?'.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Yes'.

DarkClaw gives you a spider-shaped mourning star.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Courtesy of the Eldest.'.

You ftell, 'I will wield it with pride.'.

(and back to fighting...)

Venom ftells, 'Right, proud to be involved with the Eldest, but the one who taught you to survive... nooooo.'.

You ftell, '*mildly* I appear to have surpassed your lessons in growth...'.

Venom ftells, 'Is that so?'.

You ftell, 'who is helping whom, at the moment?'.

(And Venom attacks Aphelion and chases her around the Dragon Worshipers for a bit.)

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'It appears your lessons are not sufficient.'.

You ftell, 'Lady... Because of my oath, I have endured multiple attacks from him without taking more action than survival required. But should your dog raise his hand to me again, I will not withhold.'.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'Aphelion's spiritual hammer MUTILATES you.'.

You ftell, '.. Indeed. I struck you.'.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'That is not what survival required'.

You ftell, 'I don't know, it seemed appropriate at the time.'.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'That is you trying to fight back, then running for your life.'.

You ftell, 'I fled. Stopped to see if you'd changed your mind on this idiocy. Fled. Stopped. After your fifth or so time engaging, I left.'.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'Darkclaw has your weapon'.

DarkClaw gives you a spider-shaped mourning star.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'Perhaps you should stop abandoning it as you are getting your ass dispelled and blinded all over the zone. I have no more need of your assistance.'.

You ftell, '.. yes, and for all your dispelling and blinding, you did virtually no damage to me.'.

Venom (unseen) ftells, 'The damage part comes at the end, but you wouldn't understand how that works....'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*listens in amusement, reminded of her own previous conversations with Venom*'.

Dustyn arrives from the west.
Dustyn looks at you.

Dustyn bows deeply.

Aphelion makes a brief, almost military-like bow, her eyes maintaining contact with yours.

Dustyn says (in common), 'good day for xp eh'.

You shrug.
You say (in common), 'I will not be aiding the cur anymore.'.

Venom arrives from the west.
Venom gives a sapphire of Skelos to Dustyn.

DarkClaw [GS] tells Venom, 'Oddly enough, I miss our arguing. *shakes her head and muses to herself*'.

Venom tells you (in common), 'Yes, well it was a constant source of amusement.'.

DarkClaw [GS] tells Venom, 'I detect sarcasm.'.

Venom prays, 'You're clever.'.

You ftell, 'Good night, Lady. '.

Fare thee well!

Venom ftells, 'Someone's vagina is a bit sandy...'.


The Price of Vengeance - Log by Aphelion


DarkClaw has granted you the ability to see her when she is invis.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Welcome back.'.

You ftell, 'thank you, lady. Just looking to restock potions'.

DarkClaw ftells, '*nod* I won't be here long.'.

You tell Wellington (in common), ':P Could you log off? You're skewing potion locates!!'.


You sleep.
You wake and stand up.

c loc bright white
c loc bright white
c loc bright white
c loc bright white
c loc bright white
c loc bright white
c loc bright white

Isolas says, 'SPAM'.
Isolas leaves west.

DarkClaw ftells, 'Have a good evening.'.

You ftell, 'you as well, Lady'.

The Lower Hall
[Exits: north up]
(Token magic) A magical spring flows from the ground here.
(Moderate magic) The throbbing opal bracelet lies here.
(Moderate magic) A heavy cloth scarf has been left here.
(Invis 1) (Intense Light Red Aura) Isolas is here.
(Invis) Sanitarium is here.
(Dark Cyan Aura) Belsambar is here.
Mish Leigh Salvandor will use her contacts to help you... for a price.

Aphelion points her finger at Cresom and says, 'STICK EM UP AND HAND OVER ALL YOUR BRIGHTS!!'

Isolas looks at you.
Isolas says, 'SLAKES'.

Aphelion makes a brief, almost military-like bow, her eyes maintaining contact with yours.

Belsambar says (in common), 'i have no brights only dims'.

Isolas mumbles, 'thatsferdamnsure.'

You say (in common), 'Venom attacked me 'to teach me a lesson' and ran me all out of bright whites.'.

Belsambar hugs Isolas.

You cough.
You laugh.

Belsambar says (in common), 'missed you too :-P'.

Sanitarium chuckles, evidently amused.
Sanitarium says (in minotaur), 'clerics don't need many'.

Isolas says, 'Tell you what'.
Isolas says, 'For half price, I'll attack Venom'.

Belsambar throws back his head and cackles with insane glee!

Icy tendrils of unease cascade down your spine - a primitive and wholly
instinctive, unthinking reaction to the being which has manifested before
you. The air stirs around him as if uneasy at his mere presence. Upon the
breeze is carried the still air of places of power best left undisturbed,
where sorcerous rites taint the very bones of the earth. His demeanor is
detatched and inhuman, as uncaring for the struggles of the mortal realm
as a storm for the landscape it ravages. Cold light glows in his ancient,
knowing eyes, within them whispers of countless secrets and unholy
knowledge. He looks deeply into your heart and soul with a single glance,
judge and jury all in one. You are measured, balanced, and found wanting.

When he speaks, his voice is as quiet and colorless as a graveyard at
midnight, but is still touched with a slight elven accent despite the
centuries. 'If you have found the grace of Lord Nash, your soul will be
at peace. If not, everlasting torments will be yours.'

Isolas is bathed in the essence of charisma.
Isolas is in perfect health.

You say (in common), 'what do you charge?'.

Sanitarium says (in minotaur), 'too much'.
Sanitarium laughs.

Belsambar has left the game.

Isolas says, 'My rates are reasonable'.

Aphelion arches a brow, her expression curious.

Sanitarium puts his hand towards his money pouch slowly.

Aphelion slides off her helm and runs a hand through her hair. 'I am listening.'

Isolas says, 'Oh, how that would've worked on me in mortality.'.
Isolas says, 'Well, you see...'.


Isolas says, 'There's been a nasty rumor going around the I intend to reform the Nashite Magi'.

You say (in common), '.. and are you?'.

Isolas says, 'Questions like that only add fuel to the rumors.'.
Isolas says, 'But if I intend to do that'.
Isolas says, 'I'll need souls.'.

You say (in common), 'Or they quench them, once and for all.'.

Isolas says, 'So yours in exchange for the attack on Venom will be fee enough.'.

You chuckle.
Aphelion slides her helm back on in one practiced motion.'

Sanitarium pulls a huge 2 ton boulder over with ease to rest on.

You say (in common), 'That's ... No. My soul, what there is left of it, is mine. Sacrosanct.'.

Aphelion makes a brief, almost military-like bow, her eyes maintaining contact with yours.

Isolas shrugs.
Fare thee well!


07/21/14

The Invisible Jeweler – Log by Sami

Gocu gossips (in common), 'anyone willing to pop me a few of those spider rings?'.

Nicholai blinks.

Samiyah smiles and nods.
You make the gesture necessary to invoke your spell.
Nicholai fades out of existence.
Ok.

You say (in common), 'at how goes the taunting of mages?'.

Someone gives you a skill score.

Gocu gossips (in common), 'I went afk'.

You bow deeply.

Gocu gossips (in common), 'Thanks someone'.

Nicholai gives you a spell score.

Nicholai blinks.

Samiyah smiles and nods.
You make the gesture necessary to invoke your spell.
Nicholai fades out of existence.
Ok.

You bow deeply.
You say (in common), 'thank you'.

Someone smiles happily.

You hum a few bars to an improbable song, 'The man with all the bear totems'.

Gocu gossips (in halfling), 'anyone willing to pop me another spider ring?'.

Gocu gossips (in halfling), 'lol'.

Gocu gossips (in halfling), 'I need to learn these now zones it seems'.

Belsambar gossips (in common), 'a bit big for you right now actually'.

Someone gossips (in common), 'I put another spider ring in the pit'.

Gocu gossips (in common), 'just missed it lol'.
Gocu gossips (in common), 'but Thanks'.

Belsambar gossips (in common), 'Yeah, Rothgar beat you to it :P'.

Someone gossips (in elven), 'I'll grab another in a bit, wasn't a top pop anyway'.

Belsambar gossips (in common), 'top pop are near impossible to get'.

Someone gossips (in elven), 'how top is top on that?'.

Gocu gossips (in common), 'Thanks invis person'.

Belsambar gossips (in common), '3/3/-2 is top'.

Nicholai blinks.

Samiyah smiles and nods.
You make the gesture necessary to invoke your spell.
Nicholai fades out of existence.
Ok.

Belsambar gossips (in common), 'hahaha, good relic, spell of dispel good'.

Someone gossips (in elven), 'a dispel self relic'.

Belsambar gossips (in common), 'anti-arcane relic'.

Gocu gossips (in common), 'Thanks for the ring someone'.

Belsambar gives you a spell score.

Belsambar snaps his fingers.

Belsambar gives you a spell score.

You smile happily.

You hum a few bars to an improbable song, 'Lovers who remove fear'.
You hum a few bars to an improbable song, 'Song of the bless queen'.

You say (in common), 'thank you'.

Someone says (in elven), 'I must be going'.
Someone bows before you.
Someone steps back into the mist, vanishing from this plane of existence.

The Warning – Snippet by Sami

The Office of the TFC Housing Authority
[Exits: west]
(White Aura) Wendell waits patiently while you decide where to live.

Porthas tells you (in common), 'well so much for that lol'.

Porthas arrives from the west.

You say (in common), 'what happened?'.

Porthas says (in common), 'Venom logged on'.
Porthas shrugs.

Porthas says (in common), 'but I got my weapon'.
Porthas says (in common), 'he got me already'.
Porthas chuckles, evidently amused.
Porthas shrugs.

You make the gesture necessary to invoke your spell.
Porthas fades out of existence.
Ok.

Someone tells you (in common), 'thanks'.

You say (in common), 'and now he has to spend half his mana to see you'.

The Lower Hall
[Exits: north up]
(Invis) (Dark Purple Aura) Venom is here.
Mish Leigh Salvandor will use her contacts to help you... for a price.

Venom says (in common), '32'.

Someone nods.

(Sami leaves the room and comes back)

The Lower Hall
[Exits: north up]
(Invis) (Dark Purple Aura) Venom is here.
Mish Leigh Salvandor will use her contacts to help you... for a price.

You tell someone (in common), 'don't let him lie - he can see it if he pumps'.

Someone tells you (in common), 'nod'.

Someplace Mysterious – Log Snippet by Samiyah

Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.

Nicholai shakes his fist at someplace mysterious.

Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.
Nicholai utters the words, 'hiqahz abyzqh'.

Nicholai sleeps.

Lurking Costermongers – Log Snippet by Sami

Myer gossips (in halfling), 'ack'.

Cresom gossips (in common), 'what?'.

Myer gossips (in halfling), 'woke up with a costermonger standing over me'.

Cresom gossips (in common), 'what the hell is a costermonger?'.

Myer gossips (in halfling), 'I....don't know'.

Myer gossips (in halfling), 'but anything with monger in its name has no business standing over me while I sleep'.

Cresom gossips (in common), 'what are your location that it was in?'.

Myer gossips (in halfling), 'it’s in rowengard'.

Cresom gossips (in common), 'weird never seen it before '.