12-25-2013

From TFCWiki - The Final Challenge MUD's Player Information Resource
Jump to: navigation, search

Mages who are not supposed to be here...

(Log started while conversation was in Progress by Rhyvn)

The Temple Of Mangar
[Exits: north south]
You are in the southern end of the temple hall in the Temple of Midgaard.
The temple has been constructed from giant marble blocks, eternal in
appearance, and most of the walls are covered by ancient wall paintings
picturing Gods, Giants and peasants.

Large steps lead down through the grand temple gate, descending the huge
mound upon which the temple is built and ends on the temple square below.
(Weak magic) This bracelet is typically worn by the great eagles guarding Loth-Llorien.
(Invis) Uulo is resting here.

Uulo says (in common), ‘I am not supposed to be here'.

You say (in common), 'but...'.

Uulo says (in common), 'Something about me is ... wrong.'.

Belsambar tells you (in common), '*grins* Hello there!'.

Uulo says (in common), ‘I think it was mistake that I lived to wake up in that shallow grave'.
Uulo says (in common), ‘I wasn't supposed to'.

You say (in common), 'well I am glad you did.'.
You smile happily.
You say (in common), 'but'.
You say (in common), 'why don't you make the best of the time you have here?'.

Uulo says (in common), 'Because perhaps, if I make no footprint until mortality takes me, the world will not change for it'.

Uulo stands up.
Uulo sighs quietly, looking down at his scar.

You say (in common), 'you are afraid of impacting the world?'.
You say (in common), ‘I see. So I am bothering you?'.

Uulo shakes his head.
Uulo says (in common), 'No'.
Uulo says (in common), 'You are what I have in the world'.
Uulo says (in common), 'These things I'm wearing, the gold I have, it's worthless'.
Uulo says (in common), 'But you'.

You say (in common), 'But there are many here that would help you. I'm little, and not very ...knowledgeable.'.

Uulo says (in common), 'You are what I have of value'.

You say (in common), 'my teacher, Belsambar, and Samiyah, they are much better.'.
You say (in common), 'how can I help you?'.

Someone says (in common), ‘I need no help at the moment'.

You say (in common), ‘I wish...'.
You say (in common), ‘I wish you were more comfortable here.'.

Uulo nods.

You say (in common), 'maybe we could hang!'.

Uulo says (in common), 'So do I.'.

You smile happily.

Uulo stands up.
Uulo says (in common), ‘I will leave you be.'.

Uulo bows deeply.
Uulo leaves south.

You tell Uulo (in common), '...?'.
You tell Uulo (in common), 'I'm sorry...'.

Uulo tells you (in common), 'You've nothing to be sorry for'.

You tell Uulo (in common), 'Well, i'd like to be friends if we could manage it.'.
You tell Uulo (in common), 'give me a tell if I can do anything?'.
Uulo tells you (in common), ‘I will'.

You tell Uulo (in common), 'so will you let me walk around with you some day maybe we can look at some stuffs? :)'.


Uulo tells you (in common), 'Sure'.

You tell Uulo (in common), '*smile*'.
You tell Uulo (in common), 'sometimes I don't really feel like I belong here either..........'.
You tell someone (in common), 'sometimes like I don't fit in really.'.

Someone tells you (in common), 'why?'.

You tell someone (in common), 'other times because well, my skin feels itchy. '.
You tell someone (in common), 'plus - I don't have a ton of friends yet.'.
You tell Uulo (in common), 'But I'm working on it!'.

You tell Uulo (in common), '...hello?'.

Uulo tells you (in common), 'I'm listening'.

You tell Uulo (in common), 'what would it take to convince you to...make a temporary home here and '.
You tell Uulo (in common), 'adventure some with me?'.

Uulo tells you (in common), ‘I don't know if you could'.

You tell Uulo (in common), '...I see.'.

Uulo tells you (in common), ‘I don't know who I am'.
Uulo tells you (in common), ‘I know more about you than I know about myself'.

You tell Uulo (in common), 'do any of us?'.

Uulo tells you (in common), ‘I want to know who I was'.

You tell Uulo (in common), 'That's cuz I'm annoyingly chatty hehee'.
You tell Uulo (in common), 'well, maybe that will come out as time goes by?'.

Uulo tells you (in common), ‘I hope'.

You tell Uulo (in common), 'what do you have to loose? '.
You tell Uulo (in common), '*grin* give me a chance. I don't bite or anything.'.

Uulo tells you (in common), ‘I must go for the evening'.
Uulo tells you (in common), ‘I will see you tomorrow, I hope'.

You tell Uulo (in common), 'oh dear. Ok.....'.

reply *waves* Sorry - if I....
They aren't here.

A Little Bit of Mayhem

(log by Bels & Sami)


Mish auctions, 'Bid #16 the Bone Rod of Necromancy [!gemAGANAU|C2 L35 animate dead 4#] (6470 gold minimum)'.

Mish auctions, 'Bid #16 the Bone Rod of Necromancy [!gemAGANAU|C2 L35 animate dead 4#] (7764 gold minimum)'.

Mish auctions, 'Samiyah won the auction for the Bone Rod of Necromancy! BID CLAIM to claim it.'.

Samiyah arrives from above.

Mish gives the Bone Rod of Necromancy to Samiyah.

> gl
Samiyah is here.
Mish Leigh Salvandor will use her contacts to help you... for a price.

A brightening of crimson light flares over Samiyah's eye as she takes hold of the Rod of Necromancy.

Samiyah leaves up.

You tell Samiyah (in common), '....'.
You tell Samiyah (in common), 'You are the -last- person I would expect to want that item'.

Samiyah tells you (in common), '(in a quiet, even tone) I need it for my ritual.'.

You tell Samiyah (in common), 'What ritual?'.

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...
Samiyah has equipped...
(Moderate magic) a voluminous desert robe of black linen.

Samiyah tells you (in common), '(in a quiet, even tone) Begone, mage, and ask no more questions.'.

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...
Samiyah is carrying a saddlebag.

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...
You fail to find out anything.

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...
Samiyah is fully charged with mana.

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...
Samiyah is carrying a ball of mastodon dung.

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...
Samiyah has equipped...
(Potent magic) a buttercup tucked into a braid.

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...
Samiyah is in perfect health.

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...
Samiyah has 29613 gold!

<wiki>###</wiki> [Somewhere, Samiyah shrieks in pain as the Rod jolts her with its powerful magics, burning her hands.]

> info Samiyah
You'd best be more careful.
This may take a while...
Samiyah is carrying (Token magic) a skill score.

Teva tells you (in common), 'sup?'.

You tell Teva (in common), 'nada, need to find Samiyah'.

> who
3 players.
Hum [ Wa:10 Sh:27 ] Sai: Not all who wander are Lost.
Hum [ Ra:30 Th:30 Ma:30 ] Belsambar: Mercenary of the Snow (Tm) -=SuicideMage=-
Elf [ Ma:17 ] Rhyvn, Little Sister. Pickle Jumper. +Shiny Things

> info samiyah
Get info on whom?

<wiki>###</wiki>[Alfonse says (in common), 'How are you this X-mas']

Samiyah ftells, '*stirs slightly, as if struggling to wake*'.

Alfonse (unseen) ftells, 'Samiyah, I didn't notice you...'.
Alfonse (unseen) ftells, 'You ok?'.

Samiyah ftells, '*a quiet whimper*'.

Alfonse (unseen) ftells, '*Lengthens his fish whiskers feeling for any aura of Sami*'.
Alfonse (unseen) ftells, '*Whiskers search for any direction of Sami's aura*'.
Alfonse (unseen) ftells, '*Can only rely on his whisker sense, since he cannot "See" Sami*'.

(Belsambar leaves the guild and vortexes to Emdeeville, then heads up the In’Zerre and across the ocean.)
(Alfonse begins scouring the world as well, going to those places he knows hold meaning for the bard.)

> info Samiyah
Get info on whom?

You tell Alfonse (in common), 'do you know where Sami is?'.

Alfonse tells you (in common), 'no...'.
Alfonse tells you (in common), 'You ok?'.

You tell Alfonse (in common), 'I'm fine, I'm worried about her'.

Rhyvn tells you (in elven), '*smile*'.

On the Dock
[Exits: east south west]
You managed to trample any tracks that were here...
Fishing pole in hand, this half-elf hopes for a good catch.
Oar in hand, this half-elf fisherman heads for the pier.
With its gray and white plumage, this gull blends in with the fog.
Flopping back and forth, a tadpole seeks the safety of the water.
Gasping for breath, this fish flops about helplessly, seeking the water.
Gasping for breath, this fish flops about helplessly, seeking the water.
With its gray and white plumage, this gull blends in with the fog.
With its gray and white plumage, this gull blends in with the fog.

<wiki>###</wiki>A raging snowstorm killed by Belsambar at The Northern Side of the Town Square

> whoz
People near you:
Belsambar
Samiyah

Alfonse ftells, '*Sniffs with his whiskers, passing Living Lands*'.
Alfonse ftells, '*Sniffs in Wintermeet, no scent*'.

> info Samiyah
This may take a while...
Samiyah has equipped...
(Moderate magic) a voluminous desert robe of black linen.

The Riverhold Town Hall and School
[Exits: north south]
A single large, drafty room, this building acts as both the school
and the town hall for meetings. Rough-hewn wooden benches, tables
and desks are scattered about the room, ready to be moved into the
needed configuration depending on the purpose the chamber is being
used for at the time. A thin slab of slate has been affixed to the
west wall for use as a makeshift chalk board. The floor is made of
wood planks, darkly stained in spots, with many warped by time and
the elements to show the ground underneath. Southward, an archway
has been built into and through the wall. Its framework appears to
be that of a damaged boat, repurposed as a portal that allows exit
to the safety of the Guild Hall.

A tiny squeaking brown mouse was last here, traveling north.

Samiyah is here.
Singing under her breath, Elvalee prepares the next lesson.

l Samiyah peek
Her dark brown gaze resolute, if a touch weary, Samiyah stands before you. Lines
of sorrow and pain mar her young face, and shadows create dark crescents beneath
her eyes, one of which is marred by the faintest gloss of red. Still, despite it
all, her expression is one of deliberate hopefulness and a firm determination to
see her task through. Her chin is lifted and her shoulders are squared not bowed
in defeat as she faces her fears resolutely, naming them as equals, not victors.
Only the slight movement of her right hand, as if battling the need to seek out
the unholy contents of the container by her side reveals how great the challenge
truly is. She closes her eyes, a calming breath is taken, and she wills her hand
to halt its trembling. Regaining her composure and focus, she tilts her head to
one side, and listens for those in her charge, a responsibility given that draws
her out of her own thoughts and back, willing or not, to Seraph's heel. One of
truly few joys within the Order, mentoring them is her focus, second only to the
task to defeat that which she must: opposed to the last drop of blood and final
breath. A slight movement of her left hand, thumb finding and pressing against
a silver band, gives her a brief respite of comfort, reminded of the bonds made
with those she loves and cares for. Granted the gift of friendship from villains
and heroes alike, Samiyah walks a strange road for one of her aura -- her life a
seemingly discordant composition of opposing songs and singers, that somehow, no
matter the crescendos, is the music that defines her soul.
Samiyah has a special twinkle in her eye.
Samiyah is in perfect health.

Samiyah is using:
<used as light> (Powerful magic) (Glowing) a golden orb
<worn on finger> (Artifact magic) an intricately braided band of silver
<worn on finger> (Potent magic) the plain pyrite ring
<worn around neck> (Moderate magic) the fiery fire opal amulet
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a tribal-style necklace of lapis and opal pendants
<worn on body> (Moderate magic) a tunic of leaf-green leather
<worn on head> (Potent magic) a buttercup tucked into a braid
<worn on legs> (Powerful magic) a pair of quilted cloth stockings
<worn on feet> (Potent magic) a pair of quilted cloth slippers
<worn on hands> (Moderate magic) delicate patterns of mehndi framing a scar
<worn on arms> (Moderate magic) a pair of fur armlets
<worn about body> (Moderate magic) a voluminous desert robe of black linen
<worn about waist> (Moderate magic) a heavy cloth sash
<worn around wrist> (Moderate magic) the flashy chalcedony bracelet
<worn around wrist> (Moderate magic) the fiery garnet bracelet
<held> a skull-shaped phylactery
<worn with pride> (Moderate magic) the marks of a vampire's kiss
<worn with pride> (Moderate magic) the scent of almonds and the desert winds

You peek at the inventory:
(Moderate magic) a platinum potion with bright white swirls
bag made from midnight dragon hide
(Moderate magic) a small wooden shield
a sack of ill-gotten loot

Alfonse ftells, '*Sniffs in Hovelton, no scent*'.

Samiyah looks at you, her eyes not focusing, one glazed with crimson.

Belsambar walks up to you.

You say (in common), 'what is going on, Songbird?'.

Samiyah blinks at the sound of your voice, her head moving slowly in your direction, as if someone in a lucid dream.

Samiyah says hesitantly, her voice soft, 'Archmage?'

Belsambar mutters something about 'nightmares again, Songbird?'

Samiyah asks in a whisper, 'Oh. Am I dreaming again?'

Belsambar's hands shimmer softly in the shadows.
Belsambar murmurs, 'Yes, Songbird...put it away...'

Samiyah blinks, and looks down at the phylactery.
Samiyah says slowly, '.. that keeps happening.'
Samiyah stares into the ruby eyes of the skull, unblinking.

Belsambar collects some tatters of the dream energy and seems to shimmer...'light' into the dreamstuff.

Samiyah murmurs, 'No, Mayhem. I don't want to. You can't make me.'
Samiyah drops the Bone Rod of Necromancy.

You get the Bone Rod of Necromancy.

> exa bone
A long bleached-white rod lies here.
You see the following faint symbols: [!gemAGANAU|C2 L35 animate dead 4#]
Item purging is in effect for this item.

You put the Bone Rod of Necromancy in bag made from small black spider hide.

Samiyah shudders slightly, her shoulders hunching.
Samiyah murmurs, 'No. I will not...'

Belsambar takes a pinch of the snow and sprinkles it over Samiyah in single flakes.
You give a handful of crystalline snow to Samiyah.

Samiyah gasps at the cold. 'Aaaagh..'
Samiyah blinks.
Samiyah blinks.

Samiyah looks at you.
Samiyah says (in common), '... hullo, Archmage.'.

Samiyah rubs her eye... then the other.

You say (in common), 'Hello, Songbird'.
You say (in common), 'You seem to be a little...rose tinted at the moment...'.

Samiyah smiles tiredly.
Samiyah's brow furrows as she frowns, looking troubled.
Samiyah says (in common), ‘I look what?'.
Samiyah looks down at herself.

You ponder the question.
(Belsambar looks through all his bags)

Belsambar mutters, 'never a mirror when you need one...'

Alfonse ftells, '*Sniffs with his whiskers in Nkai, no scent*'.

Samiyah ftells, '*hesitantly, groggily* Hullo, Alfonse. Are you okay? Do you have a cold? I can hear you sniffling from here.'.

You tell Alfonse (in common), ‘I found her'.

Samiyah frowns slightly, and makes a gesture of refusal. 'They are forbidden. They lead to vanity.'
Samiyah says (in common), '.. but the merchant in the Lemming has one.'.

Alfonse tells you (in common), 'oh good! I was searching for her as well'.

Alfonse ftells, 'No cold, I was searching for you Sami, since I couldn't see you, I was... well...'.
Alfonse ftells, 'Smelling for you with my whiskers.'.

Samiyah ftells, '*blinks* Oh. I am in Riverhold. In the school.'.

In the Common Room of the Lemming
[Exits: north up]
A plain room, this chamber is for public use by the patrons of the Lemming,
whether that be eating, sleeping, or meeting, hosting, or socializing. Much
of the unofficial business of the town is completed here, from bartering for
goods, to meeting merchants from downriver a bit. A few wooden tables and
chairs scatter one half of the room, the other half being reserved for
sleeping pallets. A narrow ladder is propped up against the southern wall,
providing access to a small loft in the rafters above.
You managed to trample any tracks that were here...
(White Aura) A Warden of the Frontier stands here alert for trouble.
(White Aura) A Warden of the Frontier stands here alert for trouble.
Her tanned hands lithe and fluid on her lute's strings, Jahrie strums a tune.
Tall and broad shouldered, this man carries his weapons with ease.
His bowed legs and swaying walk reveal this man to be an intoxicated sailor.
Smiling sweetly, Mitzi invites you to stay a while.

l mer peek
With clothing crafted of rich fabrics, adorned with trims and furs,
it is obvious that this man is affluent. As a member of the powerful
Safehaven Mercantile Guild, he travels all over the world, making
trade negotiations for new products and markets. The sneer on his
face makes it clear that he has nothing but scorn for the low state
of the half-elves of Riverhold.
A merchant of Safehaven is in perfect health.

A merchant of Safehaven is using:
<worn on body> a heavily embroidered green wool tunic
<worn on legs> fine quality brown wool trousers
<worn about body> a thick, heavy, fine brown wool cloak
<held> a mithril hand mirror

You peek at the inventory:

   Nothing.


Your backstab *** ANNIHILATES *** a merchant of Safehaven!

A merchant of Safehaven utters the words, 'qpaioz gzn'.
You feel different.
A bodyguard of the merchant's guild says, 'Sorry, but my contract says I have to kill you now...'

Your armor deflects a bodyguard of the merchant's guild's attack.
Your pierce devastates a merchant of Safehaven.
Your pierce maims a merchant of Safehaven.
Your pierce decimates a merchant of Safehaven.
A merchant of Safehaven is DEAD!!
You receive 0 experience points.
You hear a merchant of Safehaven's death cry.
You get 198 gold coins from the corpse of a merchant of Safehaven.
The corpse of a merchant of Safehaven contains:
a mithril hand mirror
fine quality brown wool trousers
a heavily embroidered green wool tunic
a thick, heavy, fine brown wool cloak
Your armor deflects a bodyguard of the merchant's guild's attack.
Your armor deflects a bodyguard of the merchant's guild's attack.

Your pierce devastates a bodyguard of the merchant's guild.
Your pierce decimates a bodyguard of the merchant's guild.
Your pierce maims a bodyguard of the merchant's guild.
Your pierce mauls a bodyguard of the merchant's guild.
Your armor deflects a bodyguard of the merchant's guild's attack.
Your armor deflects a bodyguard of the merchant's guild's attack.

Your lightning bolt MASSACRES a bodyguard of the merchant's guild!
A bodyguard of the merchant's guild is DEAD!!
You receive 0 experience points.
You hear a bodyguard of the merchant's guild's death cry.
You get 160 gold coins from the corpse of a bodyguard of the merchant's guild.
The corpse of a bodyguard of the merchant's guild contains:
a dirk
a heavy longsword
splinted cuisses
stout brigandine armor

The steak made from bodyguard of the merchant's guild looks very filling.
The steak made from merchant of Safehaven looks very filling.
You get a mithril hand mirror.

The Riverhold Town Hall and School
[Exits: north south]
Samiyah is sleeping here.
Singing under her breath, Elvalee prepares the next lesson.

You wake her.

Samiyah blinks.

Belsambar holds the mirror up in front of you.

Samiyah says (in common), '.. Hullo, Archmage. Did I fall asl.... aaaack'.

Samiyah lifts a hand to poke at her eye in the mirror.
Samiyah says (in common), '.. why...'.
Samiyah sits up all the way, blinking again, watching her reflection do so.

You say (in common), 'your eyes are normally not...one red...'.

Samiyah's brow furrows as she frowns, looking troubled.
Samiyah says (in common), 'why is it like that?'.

You say (in common), 'what is happening, Songbird?'.

Samiyah glances uneasily down at the unblinking, crimson gemstone eyes of the phylactery in her hand.
Samiyah says hesitantly, 'Venom asked me if I knew what artifact possession was... and laughed when I said I did not.'
Samiyah says (in common), '.. he said it was "our" phylactery.'.

Alfonse arrives from the north.

Samiyah beams a smile at Alfonse.

Alfonse's whiskers wave about in your direction.

Samiyah says (in common), 'Hello, Alfonse!'.

Alfonse smiles happily.
Alfonse looks at Samiyah.
Alfonse frowns.

Alfonse says (in common), 'Hello... Samiyah.'.
Alfonse says (in common), ‘I was looking for you, but couldn't see you earlier.'.

Samiyah says (in common), ‘I was... asleep? '.
Her voice isn't entirely certain, as she glances back down into the mirror.

Alfonse says (in common), ‘I believe so'.
Alfonse says (in common), 'Are you feeling well...?'.

Samiyah's brow furrows as she frowns, looking troubled.
Samiyah says (in common), '... No...'.

Alfonse notices the phylactery in your hand.
Alfonse says (in common), 'Do you remember anything? Since you woke up?'.

Alfonse utters the words, 'soul sense'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'Bels was here, and gave me a mirror, and then he vanished'.
Samiyah says (in common), 'and then you arrived, all whisker-twitchy.'.
Samiyah smiles wearily.

Alfonse says (in common), 'It seems, we are not alone, belsambar, could possibly still be here.'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'he is very sneaky'.
Samiyah says (in common), ‘I can't see he or Nicholai most of the time'.

You say (in common), 'I'm only ever half anywhere'.

You give a mithril hand mirror to Samiyah.

Samiyah gazes into the mirror, fascinated and horrified at the same time.
Samiyah says (in common), '.. so that's what I look like? but the eye, not so much, usually?'.

You say (in common), 'right'.
You chuckle.

Samiyah looks at the skull in her other hand, her torso wavering slightly in energy depletion exhaustion.
Samiyah says (in common), '.. I need to be rid of th...I...no...I..'.

You say (in common), 'put it away songbird'.

Samiyah says (in common), 'hmm?'.

You say (in common), 'put it away'.

Samiyah nods in agreement, but doesn't really move.
Samiyah puts a mithril hand mirror in a sack of ill-gotten loot.

Alfonse looks at Samiyah.

Belsambar crackles with electricity, the air crackles, 'Put. It. AWAY, Songbird.' punctuating his speech with cracks of lightning licking the air around him.

Samiyah blinks, gasping, and instinctively obeys, shoving the skull into its hiding place.'
Samiyah stops using a skull-shaped phylactery.
Samiyah puts a skull-shaped phylactery in a ball of mastodon dung.

Alfonse nods.

Samiyah shivers, her whole body slumping a little. "I .. am so very tired.."
Samiyah says (in common), 'Alfonse, would you help me to the Hall?'.
Samiyah says (in common), '..I need to sleep...'.

Alfonse nods in recognition to Samiyah.

Alfonse utters the words, 'give move'.

Samiyah reaches out and wraps her arm around Alfonse's finned arm without a second thought.

Alfonse lifts Sami to her feet.
Alfonse nods in recognition to Samiyah.

Alfonse leaves south.
Samiyah leaves south.

Guild Hall
[Exits: north east south west]
Samiyah was last here, traveling south.

A giant christmas card from the TFC immortals stands here.

The Pit
[Exits: east up]
A pit for donations dominates the room.
Samiyah is here.
Alfonse is here.
A gingerbread man stands here, reminding you of your childhood.

Samiyah’s hand strays towards the container at her side.

Alfonse grabs Samiyah’s hand.
Alfonse says (in common), 'No, keep it in there.'.

Samiyah staggers up the stairs towards the Hall.

Alfonse leaves up.
Samiyah leaves up.

The Hall of the High Order
[Exits: north]
A hand-lettered open book rests upon a black iron pedestal.
Samiyah is here.
Alfonse is here.
Suriel's Icy Indifference, Snowman of Seraph, is here.

Samiyah sleeps.
Samiyah has lost her link.

Alfonse sighs loudly.

You are now guarding Samiyah.

Alfonse smiles happily.
Alfonse bows deeply.
Alfonse sits next to Samiyah.
Alfonse looks at Samiyah.

Alfonse yawns.
Alfonse continues to watch over Samiyah, his eyes drooping.
Alfonse sleeps.

Samiyah disappears into the void.

Belsambar murmurs, 'You're not going to get her that easily, Mayhem'