|Created||August 11, 1999|
|Retired||1st: December 8, 2001|
2nd: September 22, 2002
|Last Seen||June 16, 2005|
|Areas Written||MG Graveyard|
August 22, 2000:
A tall, muscular minotaur looms in front of you. His rag-tag collection of leather armour appears well-used. The many etchings, patches and burn marks attest to this. He smiles gently at you. While noone could ever call his battered visage handsome, you see that this is a person you can trust. He looks over his shoulder to see if anything is hunting him. He turns to you again and grins. "Need anything?", he asks.
Adso strikes you as something only a mother could love.
Min [ Ma:24 Wa:22 ] Adso, Favored of Fate. AFK/AFW. February 7, 2000 Min [ Wa:25 Ma:24 ] Adso, Favoured of Fate. March 7, 2000 Min [ Wa:26 Ma:24 ] Adso, Favoured of Fate. March 24, 2000 Min [ Ma:27 Wa:30 ] Adso, Favoured of Fate is AFK. August 15, 2000 Min [ Ma:28 Wa:30 ] Adso, Favored of Fate. September 30, 2000 Min [ Ma:29 Wa:30 ] Adso, Favoured of Fate. October 16, 2000 Min [ Wa:30 Ma:29 ] Adso, Favoured of Fate. January 25, 2001 Min [ Wa:30 Ma:30 ] Adso, Chosen of Fate, looking for Tynian/Nayr. July 13, 2001 Min [ Wa:30 Ma:30 ] Adso, Chosen of Fate. August 10, 2001 Min [ Ambassador ] Adso, Chosen Blade of Fate. August 21, 2001 Min [ Ambassador ] Adso. August 25, 2001 Min [ Ambassador ] Adso is here to help, just ask. October 31, 2001 Min [ Retired ] Adso. March 1, 2002 Min [ Ambassador ] Adso is here to help, slightly afw at the moment. May 13, 2002 Min [ Retired ] Adso is here to help, just ask. January 5, 2003 Min [ Retired ] Adso is a little dusty :) August 25, 2003
(written for entry into the Chosen of Fate)
Adso started off in this world with evil thoughts in his mind. He felt that a life of crime and slaughter would be fun. However, as he grew in age and experience, he decided that this was not his true calling. He preferred to explore the world and battle the many creatures within it to murdering the adventurers that wandered on this world with him.
Adso is not the smartest adventurer, though.He has a charming ability of getting himself in sticky situations. When he was younger, he was a very foolhardy adventurer. Cowardice would certainly not be a quality you would assign to him. At the tender level of 6 or 7, he was setting sail from his home island of Mithas, searching for other lands. His first voyages brought him south, because he didn't bother with reading maps or anything of the like. After several mishaps involving giant squids and a visit to Molotov island that ended in death, he set out exploring the northern continent.
His adventures have been many and he has learned a lot. He has chosen the path of fate because he agrees with the tenets of that faith, and believes the Lady to be a good mistress.
His adventures have been many, his deaths sadly plentiful. He now carries around a few bags of Adso hide to remind himself of his foolishness. As soon as he could, he was 'exploring' the vortex. These days, he avoids it most of the time. That fatal experience in the demon realm put him off the whole vortex thing...
He has had several run-ins with the evils of this world, and has decided to give them a wide berth. Fleeing across the northern continent with toxic in tow, cursed and blinded, was certainly a little too much excitement for this poor minotaur. He is also learning not to gossip too much, as evils sometimes use your idle chatter to find out your location, and come and get you... He hopes to continue the valuable work of the Lady in helping all and sundry in this world, especially the newbies who need our help the most. The threads of fate are many however, and Adso looks forward to seeing what the Lady has in store for him in the future. Adso has thought long and hard about his three geasa, and this has been the point that has slowed his entry into the chosen the most, and of course he felt he was not fully worthy in his lower levels.
- Adso was the 15th person to join the Chosen of Fate: Adso, Child of Fate, Mage 9 / Warrior 16.
- Adso and Gregar were nicknamed the 'Danger Twins' due to their habit of exploring and visiting dangerous places.
- August 11, 1999: Adso is created.
- December 12, 1999: Adso and Lataal go fishing.
- January 21, 2001: Adso accepts a Triat Mastery quest from Cordir. (He is not successful in his efforts to complete the quest)
- March 9, 2001: Adso of Fate slays the Mystocrat of Kuroth and reaches effective 40th: Wa:30\Ma:30.
- July 14, 2001: At 11am mudtime Tynian's quest involving Slayers begins. 5 teams participate, and at 1pm the quest is won by Adso's team, which collected all 5 slayers and was aided by Skeeve's team. The results of this quest are later added to a plaque in the Room of Records.
- August 8, 2001: Adso is slain by a group of 5 conclave. Later, several of them gloat to Cordir about the death. Cordir informs Molo that his followers have violated his rules regarding speaking to her. One after another, they log in, and are Feared and Silenced by Molo, much to Cordir's amusement as she stands in the Guild Hall and watches.
- August 12, 2001: Adso posts a petition for Immortality.
- August 14, 2001: Gytar D'Alchemist of Unity announces that Tuesday the 14th of August was a bad demon-day, probably because Adso, Dracos, Noctus and Gytar slay all of the demons in the Void twice, and all the Demons of the Strands once (guesstimated at 150, approximately.) Approximately 30 minutes later, they return to do a CR for Treehugger.
- August 17, 2001: Adso is named a Blade of Fate and notes that he has been battering on the doors of masters Tower all week,
trying to get in to take on dragons.
- August 21, 2001: Cordir drags Noctus and Adso kicking and screaming out of Triton Halls.
- August 24, 2001: Adso is promoted to Ambassador! Adso is the first member of the Chosen of Fate to seek and gain Immortality, making Cordir very proud.
- December 8, 2001: Adso requests Retirement.
- March 28, 2002 - Adso is restored from Retired to Active Ambassador.
- May 5, 2002: Adso's area (MG Graveyard) is installed, and Zakarious is the first person to find it.
- July 28, 2002: Adso recovers from a fatal hard drive crash and returns to the world.
- August 22, 2002: Adso is re-retired.
- June 16, 2005: Adso posts a re-retirement note.