Cat & Mouse
From TFCWiki - The Final Challenge MUD's Player Information Resource
The individual named MOUSE avoids the Cats!
How to Play:
- All participants gather in the Kitchen in the Guild. (Mouse, being "Dinner" for Cats)
- Quest Conditions are employed. All Cats and the Mouse Signup when Quest Signup is offered.
- Quest Begins: the Mouse gets a thirty second head start. Countdown is provided for the Cats.
- Quest Continues until Mouse is caught or Cats run out of time.
- The Mouse MAY NOT stay in Solitary / Private / Safe rooms.
- The Mouse MAY NOT hide behind locked doors / in locked areas.
- The Mouse MAY NOT quaff recall/Summon/Teleport/etc to escape no exit rooms. They are considered Trapped, and must wait out the quest duration, or a Cat finding them.
- The Zone or Room name of the Mouse will be announced by the sponsoring Immortal of that game, as often as possible, at minimum every 30 seconds.
- The Mouse is considered 'found' and 'tagged' when a Cat engages them in combat, initiates emoted or socialed contact, Faerie Fogs, or area spells, etc. That Cat then becomes the next Mouse, and gets a 30 second lead to escape and be then chased.
- The mouse MAY use Guild portals to duck in and out of home towns.
- The mouse MAY use the vortex.
- Obscure, Invis, Sneak, Hide are all legal by Cats or Mice.
- Summon, Darkness, Portal, Teleport by any participants or their immortals are NOT legal.
- Participants MAY NOT wizard mark one another.
- Immortals MAY NOT teleport or otherwise assist Cats or Mice with hunting or hiding.
- Mice may not lock themselves into rooms or zones to avoid capture.
- The safety of the Mouse is not guaranteed, or that of the Cats. Quest conditions will be in place, but strange things sometimes happen. Play at your own risk.
- Any Cat or Mouse that violates a rule is ejected from the game.
There will be a prize for each mouse who survives to the end of the round.