(Introduction from the TFC For Newbies website by Nyx)
Some mobs have special abilities that make them nastier in a fight. Of particular note are the advanced mage mobs, shaman mobs, and cleric mobs. Not all mobs that are described as mages, shamans, or clerics are these kinds of advanced mobs. Too, there are some mobs that do not obviously appear to fit into these categories but have these abilities.
The abilities they have access to are varied. The big mages, for example, will only hunt you when you are out of a safe room and can use some very powerful spells that normal mages can’t learn. If you want to learn more about dealing with these kinds of mobs, it is recommended that you ask other players about them.
Nearly every (non-plant) mob/npc on the mud has a chance of becoming a Ghost after you kill it...
Special Service Mobs
There are many mobs in the world who provide special services. This is a list of several of them, but there are others out there for you to find.
- Algenara: As soon as you step west of the “New Player Entrance” room you will be welcomed by Algenara. If you say ‘help’ while you are in the room with her, she will send you on a quest.
- Avangeline: Found on the Mountain of Knowledge, she will perform regular, or even improved, identify spells - for a small price, of course.
- Guido: Guido moves around the world but can generally be found in the hometowns on the southern continent. If you find him you can deposit and withdraw gold from your bank account, but keep in mind that he keeps 15% of your deposit for himself.
- Jack: If you want to multi-class to or switch back to warrior, ranger, thief, or thug, Jack is the person to see... provided you have the 25000 gold he charges. He is on the northern continent.
- Jill: If you want to multi-class to or switch back to mage, cleric, or shaman, Jill is the person to see... provided you have the 25000 gold she charges. She is on the southern continent.
- Magistrate: You can bounty other players at the Magistrate on the Mountain of Knowledge and can send Bounty Hunters after them. The cost of the bounty varies depending on such things at the target’s charisma and how much PKing they do.
- Merrick: Merrick moves around the world but can generally be found in the hometowns on the northern continent. If you find him you can deposit and withdraw gold from your bank account, but keep in mind that he keeps 15% of your deposit for himself.
- Mish: Mish is both the quartermaster and a banker; she is always available in the Adventurer’s Guild. You can store items with her for safe keeping, you can have her watch for particular items on your behalf, and you can deposit and withdraw money with her. Her services cost gold, of course, and she takes 19% from any deposits you make with her. See HELP MISH for more information on how to interact with her.
- Nevyn: Nevyn is a wandering bard, found on the northern continent.
- Regina: Regina stands just north of Algenara and randomly casts beneficial spells on people in the room with her.
- Tomas: Repairs etched armor. Found on the Mountain of Knowledge.
- Wendell: Wendell spends his days in the lower level of the Adventurer’s Guild and it is with his assistance that you can change your hometown, provided you have enough gold.
Player Provided Info
|Slue||Midgaard||94-96||Disarm immediately, he hits hard!|
|Midgaard Mayor||Midgaard||77-79||Has the key to the Midgaard gates|
|Borlan||Midgaard||98-102||charmable, although this is not easy|
|Mish||Adventurer's Guild||???||More expensive banker|
|Ebencaleneezer||The Demon Realm||???||King of the Demon realm, Proceed with caution!|
|Magistrate||Mountain of Knowledge||100-102||Keeps track of your bounty... make sure it doesn't get too low!|
|NPC (Mob)||ZONE||PET TYPE||ROOM|
|Snake Charmer||Skelos Island||Snake (Shaman)||Snake Charmer's Tent|
|Ratter||Midgaard||Ferret (Thief)||In an Alley|
|Old Mage||Between The In'zerre and EmDeeVille||Owl (Mage)||The Hut|
|A trainer of wolves||Ul's Valley||Wolf (Ranger)||Wolf Den|
|Baby White Dragon||Icy Wastelands (Near Northern Stronghold)|
|Sleepy-Eyed Dragon||Oakheart Inn (Near Lake Askilyn)||Lair of the Sleepy-Eyed Dragon|
|Majestic Golden Dragon||Mider||Dragon Chamber|
|A red dragon||Gla-Shorn's Realm||The Furnace|
|Prism Dragon||Dwarven Catacombs||Prism Chamber|
|Green Dragon||The Shadowed Valley (Underneath)|
|Copper Dragon||The Dragon's Lair||The Dragon's Lair|
|Rock Dragon||Dwarvenhold Mines (Duegars)||33|
|Yellow Dragon||The Valley of Dhraxx||40|
|Cloud Dragon||The Valley of Dhraxx|
|Midnight Dragon||The Valley of Dhraxx|
|Mercury Dragon||The Valley of Dhraxx|
|Rust Dragon||The Valley of Dhraxx||40|
|Aqua Dragon||The Valley of Dhraxx|
|Mithril Dragon||The Valley of Dhraxx|
|Storm Dragon||The Valley of Dhraxx||40|
|Amethyst Dragon||The Dream Realm||57|
|Giant Black Dragon||The Dream Realm||59|
|Flare, the Red Dragon||Molotov Volcano||77||Lair of Flare the Red Dragon|
|Onyx Dragon||Riverdale Plantation (Underneath manor)||Lair of the Onyx Dragon|
|Ancient Green Dragon||Dragon Tower|
|Ancient Golden Dragon||Dragon Tower|
|Ancient Red Dragon||Dragon Tower|
|Ancient White Dragon||Dragon Tower|
|Ancient Blue Dragon||Dragon Tower|
|Dark Shadow Dragon|
|Huge, Ancient Gold Dragon|
|Huge, Ancient Aquadragon|
|Luminescent Golden Dragon|
|Great White Dragon|
|Crystal Dragon||Altibia (Old Altibia)||Crystal Garden|
|The Sable Dragon||The God's Realm||HUGE!||Tamar's Pet|