Mish the Equipment Broker
Mish can help you locate equipment. She is located in the lower hall of the guild.
In general, you specify what kind of equipment you want. Then if that item is sold to a shopkeeper, she will purchase it on your behalf and hold it for you.
You have to check in regularly with Mish to keep your search active. Otherwise, she’ll keep your money and cancel the request. If you’re going to be away a few days, use the locate withdraw all command.
To ask her to search for equipment, use the LOCATE command.
LOCATE LIST will list the items that you currently have her looking for.
LOCATE WITHDRAW will remove specified item from Search (partial refund only).
LOCATE WITHDRAW ALL will remove all locate requests.
Tell mish ‘status’ – Will report the status of your requests.
Tell Mish ‘give’ – Will allow you to claim any items she has found for you.
Tell mish ‘wanted’ – Will show a list of the items she most seeks.
Steps for using Mish:
1) Identify criteria you wish her to search for. The more general the search, the more likely she is to be able to find a matching item.
2) Enter the request: Locate [options] bid <gold amount>. Example: Locate aff int 3 wearflags body bid 1000.
3) Confirm: type locate list to confirm you told Mish what you intended to
4) Check in: Go into room with Mish and tell her ‘status’ every few days
5) Obtain Item: When mish has filled a request, tell mish ‘give’
6) Remove Bid: If she has not filled it or you no longer need it, type locate list to obtain the request number then locate withdraw <request #>
Be Ware! Not all specifiers are used for all item types. Mish will happily accept any impossible combination that you specify, such as weapons with spells.
Options can be used in any order, and can often be abbreviated. In most cases, each option is used only once (with the exception of extraflags and wearflags). If you specify any others more than once, the last instance is used.
Basic Levelling Items:
LOCATE AFFECT WIS 3 EXTRAFLAGS METALLIC BID 1000
(to find a nonmetal 3wis item in any slot)
LOCATE AFFECT wis 3 WEARFLAGS legs WEARFLAGS hands EXTRAFLAGS metallic BID 1000
(to find a nonmetal 3wis item in either legs or hands)
Locating Magical Items:
LOCATE TYPE WAND SPELL CONFUSION CHARGE 3 LEVEL 25 BID 10000
(to find a L25 confusion wand with atleast 3 charges)
AFFECT: str, dex, int, wis, con, chr, luc * hr, dam, svs, da, mr * mana, hit, move, ac * blo, health, ts, at, obs wake, ste, fam, water
EXTRAFLAGS: metallic * ag, ae, an, au * 2ha, nd, nr * glow, hum, invis, magic * evil, good, and neutral.
WEARFLAGS: finger, neck * about, body, head, waist * legs, feet, hands, arms * wrist, shield, wield, hold * decor
PREFERENCE - 1 (random/non-limited only), 2 (limited only).
AC * MATERIAL * TYPE * WEIGHT
AVG * DAMAGETYPE - 1 (slashing), 2 (piercing), 3 (blunt).
CHARGES * LEVEL * SPELL